High Level Kits

High Level Kits

Question  to High Level

Can you confirm which of the gearboxes are grub screw fitting on the final gear please ?

Mick,

I think thery are listed on the downladable planner. For some reason you cannot link directly to the page

Go to http://www.highlevelkits.co.uk/

then click  Gearboxes > Planning > Profiles

That should take you to PDF with the key for final drive gear fixings at the top of the page.

P

It's arl reet Chris. Arl dee ya jerb fer yeh.

Mick,

I think thery are listed on the downladable planner. For some reason you cannot link directly to the page

Go to http://www.highlevelkits.co.uk/

then click  Gearboxes > Planning > Profiles

That should take you to PDF with the key for final drive gear fixings at the top of the page.

P

It's arl reet Chris. Arl dee ya jerb fer yeh.

Thanks I had look prior to posting , nothing obvious on that attempt I will try again. Ta

• 2 weeks later...

There's a snap of it here sat alongside my old school playing fields after it was restored ( I wonder where?).

745-0.jpg

It can also be seen in this pic of Oakamoor from 1949 but not close enough to determine its livery at that time:

attachicon.gifOakamoor.jpg

http://www.britainfromabove.org.uk/image/eaw024642

Does anyone know of any images of its livery in latter days before restoration?

Some pictures in BR livery here:-

http://www.nsrailway.co.uk/historical%20pictures/oakamoor/gallery.htm

Chris at high level will supply the grub screw gear in place of the non grub screw version for an extra £1 I think. I always use grub screws on the gears to make sure I can check the free running of the chassis during construction

philbax

• 1 month later...

Hello jsp3970

If you e mail me at highlevelkits.co.uk I'll send you a set of 03/04 instructions as a PDF file. They detail the versions covered and show how the etches integrate with the bodyshell.

Because the kit fits exactly under the RTR model, you're always going to have to do a bit more work if you're using something else.

Chris.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello jsp3970

If you e mail me at highlevelkits.co.uk I'll send you a set of 03/04 instructions as a PDF file. They detail the versions covered and show how the etches integrate with the bodyshell.

Because the kit fits exactly under the RTR model, you're always going to have to do a bit more work if you're using something else.

Chris.

Ok thanks, will do!

• 2 months later...

I'd just like to further the compliments on customer service and delivery turnaround. Chris certainly cannot be faulted in my book! He did supply the wrong worm gear for the motor, but a quick email and the correct one arrived the following day!

I look forward to throwing more of my money his way!

Cheers

J

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

More excellent service from Chris. On Sunday, at Scaleforum, I bought two gearboxes from him. He didn't have the black gears with him, stuck in customs he said. So I wrote my address on an envelope for him. Said envelope just popped through the letterbox with the gears.

:kingchris:

• Like 1

More excellent service from Chris. On Sunday, at Scaleforum, I bought two gearboxes from him. He didn't have the black gears with him, stuck in customs he said. So I wrote my address on an envelope for him. Said envelope just popped through the letterbox with the gears.

:kingchris:

Exactly the same for me, bought 2 gearboxes on Saturday, The 2 gears arrived today. 

Many thanks Chris (if your on the forum) first class service in many ways

• 4 weeks later...

Look forward to the HL 64xx chassis kit.

The 64xx chassis is on it's (hopefully) final test build as we speak, another winner methinks. It's probably me that's held it up being so busy with other jobs but it's going together very well. Chris has allowed me to post some piccies if there is interest.

And, just to add, the gearbox in the 64xx is a new design at just 8mm wide but with a grubscrew final drive gear and slightly different ratio. Chris hopes to revisit some of the other gearboxes to add this new grubscrew fitting. It runs as sweet as a nut.

Dave Franks.

Edited by davefrk
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The 64xx chassis is on it's (hopefully) final test build as we speak, another winner methinks. It's probably me that's held it up being so busy with other jobs but it's going together very well. Chris has allowed me to post some piccies if there is interest.

Dave Franks.

Definitely interested in seeing more photos, looking forward to getting hold of one to go under the Bachmann body I bought a while back!