High Level Kits

High Level Kits

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, Dave John said:

In the meantime here is a cardboard gearbox in a cardboard loco.

We should call it CAD – Cardboard Assisted Design.

Edited by Kylestrome
  • Like 3
  • Funny 6

Sent an order yesterday by email and tried to follow up with phone call for card details. Eventually left a msg with card details but no acknowledgement, but money not taken either from bank. 

Unsure what to do, perhaps best to leave it for a week.

Hope all's well at HL :sadclear:

Regards

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PenrithBeacon said:

Sent an order yesterday by email and tried to follow up with phone call for card details. Eventually left a msg with card details but no acknowledgement, but money not taken either from bank. 

Unsure what to do, perhaps best to leave it for a week.

Hope all's well at HL :sadclear:

Regards

David

Chris has closed for a week as has C&L. 

Chris was running out of stock, plus has been ever so busy (Had phoned be on 2 different Sunday mornings in error as I have a namesake who he was assisting

Phil has run out of bagged stock and is behind with Mail orders, he is spending time bagging up stock and dealing with outstanding orders

What are you building?

• Thanks 1

Back in the saddle now after a week off, but still chasing parts. The moulding company has furloughed most of its staff so delivery of final drive gears (as key component in the gearboxes) has been delayed and we're just using up the last few now.

This is a temporary hold-up and we’ll get around to fulfilling orders ASAP. Apologies to anyone whos order is held up.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Thanks for the update Chris, although I am working away down my stock of gearboxes I still have a few ready for fitting.  Compared to other gearboxes available yours are easier to set up. Now that I am using Mike edges "solder the motor" onto the gearbox approach I have now managed to remotor a number of locos during lockdown,

Keep up the great work.

Baz

3 hours ago, High Level Kits said:

This is due to the massive demand for products over the lockdown period

Just think of dosh your making. Means you'll be able to take us three permanent skinto's out to the pub once this frockdoons all over.

• Funny 2

There is a whole group of suppliers of which Chris is one who are providing excellent service to us who have plenty of time on our hands at the moment. At some point in the future I need a Micro Miser, but as Chris is short on gears I thought I would wait till he informs us stock is back in

• Like 1

On 02/06/2020 at 10:33, High Level Kits said:

I'm not certain which part you mean but we always try to provide spares.

Whilst getting things ready to photograph, I have found the gear that I had put in a safe place, and the chassis now runs!!, sorry to cause you any trouble.

Steve.

• 2 months later...

Gordon, I'm afraid the busy mail order has kept me away from the computer for anything other than administration. I did make a start on the Barclay at the beginning of lock down, then the phone went crazy. I'll pick up on it when I get the chance.

Just to add to the workload, I had to get a new PC, and this comes with Windows 10 (professional), which has proved to be a nightmare. Presumably, professional means it provides opportunities for your business to purchase new software as your existing stuff won't run on it!...

Glad to see though, they've kept the on-line help facility for internet connection problems!

Now having supply problems so starting to run out of things with my suppliers quoting long lead times.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• 1 month later...
On 20/09/2020 at 12:40, Asterix2012 said:

Hi Chris

Have you made any progress on the Barclay?

I'm afraid I'm kept away from any design work by the fact the PC is not working but also mail order keeps me on the hop. I got so far with the Barclay but now the trail's gone a bit cold.

The J50 is near to completion but, again, I can't get it finished due to the above.

Edited by High Level Kits
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• 1 month later...