High Level Kits

High Level Kits

Chris 

Any chances of you making one of these, the Barclay 0-6-0 saddle tank would be a great accompaniment to your scottish barclay you already do. 

Not sure if it's different in sizes etc but a possible 0-4-2 chassis option too. 

I'm only asking because I want one of them in both wheel arrangements. 

https://preservedbritishsteamlocomotives.com/works-no-2139-stewarts-lloyds-salmon-0-6-0st/

3 hours ago, Rhb Simon said:

Chris 

Any chances of you making one of these, the Barclay 0-6-0 saddle tank would be a great accompaniment to your scottish barclay you already do. 

Not sure if it's different in sizes etc but a possible 0-4-2 chassis option too. 

I'm only asking because I want one of them in both wheel arrangements. 

https://preservedbritishsteamlocomotives.com/works-no-2139-stewarts-lloyds-salmon-0-6-0st/

Hi Simon, 

I've made a set of etches to convert the DJH 0-4-0 kit into AB2138/9. 

If you're interested in a set just drop me a PM. 

Paul

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RThompson said:

Hello everyone,

Would anyone have photos of Chris's coreless motors as I'm looking to repower a backwoods Garrett and looking into whether they would fit in the bodies?

First post in this thread

1 first chassis and motor photos

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

A quick note of thanks to High Level Kits as the Gearbox I ordered last Friday arrived safely this morning. Given that I'm sure it was me who gave the incorrect expiry date with my payment card details, rather than Chris recording it wrongly, I'm much obliged for the call back and impromptu chat, excellent Service.

Regards,

John Jones

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Has anyone else seen the new great looking website yet?

http://www.highlevelkits.co.uk

Looks like they are planning a full online ordering system which is excellent news.

There is a message saying they are temporarily suspending service due to restructuring the business and impact of covid, just not sure how long it might be for.

Their gearboxes are superb and their new coreless motors are exceptional!!

I hope they return soon!

Ian

Edited by ianLMS
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

I have a (another) gearbox on order and I had a nice email
saying due to other suppliers delivery problems,
there will be a slight delay in delivery of my order,
which isn't a problem for me.
There's plenty of other modelling work to be done.

Edited by Penlan
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I have a need for at least 4 new gearboxes and motors so i am hoping the furlough will end soon. Worst case i may have to use Comet gearboxes with the dutch coreless motors from Ebay. However, like you i have several other projects i can be getting on with instead!!

Great to hear about the possibility of on-line ordering Chris, I look forward to taking advantage of it in the fullness of time. Similarly I look forward to some new designs once the etchers can go back to work. 
In the meantime take care and be safe.

Cheers,

David

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Hello Chris

When you redesign the motor bogies it would be worth adding a bit extra to allow non RTR fitment.

I will be buying one soon and I will want it be mounted at the top.

Will be in a heavily butchered Triang floor.

• 3 weeks later...

I have no experience of loco kit building and a recent stroke means I never will, now. But I want to get a High Level 4mm J72 chassis built for me and into a 3D printed GNSR D class in 3.5mm scale (If I can compare drawings in the two scales).  Who does that sort of thing for the many thumbed amongst us?  And at what kind of price?

• Friendly/supportive 2

Really liking the layout of the new website. I'm very much looking forward to being able to order online. 

One thing I noticed is the Slimliner range of gearboxes appears to have dropped off. Is this just a website error or are they being discontinued?

• 2 weeks later...