High Level Kits

High Level Kits

2 hours ago, High Level Kits said:

We're hoping to be trading from 2nd of August, with most products available from stock. It's been a while, but most things are in stock - how long they last will depend on demand, and how easy it is to re-stock remains to be seen.

All being well, this website should be live so you can order on-line. Please bear with us as we work our way through the backlog of orders and get used to our new way of working.

Hi Chris, 

this is good news indeed.  Here’s wishing  you a smooth and hassle free restart.  
Best wishes,

Frank 

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the update Chris , I have three chassis’s built and awaiting your gearboxes. On another note have you managed to find any suitable replacement for the 1628 flat can motors?

Dennis

On 13/07/2021 at 14:25, High Level Kits said:

AT this pint we don't have the sayment gateway in use, so you can't actually order. We're hoping to get the whole thing ready for the second of August

I am logged into my account and have a cart full and when I choose "View Cart" (from the sidebar view of the cart) I get a prompt to enter a password for a Guest account. Is this how you have disabled the payment option as it appears to be a bug - why ask me to log into guest when I'm logged into my account?

It may help if you directed the user to a dedicated page to indicate the payment option is not available. Save you being deluged by emails and it might be something you may need in the future this being an ideal opportunity to test it :rolleyes:

Definitely good news!

But one question...

Any chance you have a planner-style profile drawing or so for the quad drives? I'm trying to find out if one would fit that MU I'm currently working on.....

Thank you so much!

Best wishes!

C,-w

3 hours ago, Chuffer Davies said:

Hi Chris,

do you have an update on the J50 chassis please?  
Frank

Yes Frank, we have a nice batch of etches and hope to have it on sale soon. Not exactly sure when but maybe for the virtual ScaleFourum weekend.

You can view the instructions now by going to our downloads section of the site www.highlevelkits.co.uk/downloads

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1

17 hours ago, 4003 said:

Definitely good news!

But one question...

Any chance you have a planner-style profile drawing or so for the quad drives? I'm trying to find out if one would fit that MU I'm currently working on.....

Thank you so much!

Best wishes!

C,-w

This isn't something we anticipated. Perhaps if you know the loco wheelbase and look at the shape of the kit for which they were originally designed, this might give you a good idea of feasibility. I've just updated this section of the site although I still have some work to do with prices etc...

Remember though, they're all really slow, so may be no good for a normal DMU etc. Sorry I can't be more help here...

Edited by High Level Kits

• RMweb Premium

Totally agree with your comment Geraint: pretty much unique products these days, certainy with greater versatility and flexibility in use than anything else I've seen - I don't find it at all surprising that anyone awaiting an order (as I am) would still be very keen to go ahead :).

Hope the return to trading goes smoothly, Chris and Giulia :good:

Edited by Chas Levin
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium

Well, I ordered some Roadrunner+ ‘s on Monday thinking it would be a few weeks, given the backlog Chris must have with orders, and blow me they popped through the door yesterday. 

So thank you Chris, a few locos in 7mm & 4mm I can sort out now. You really do want silent runners when sound fitted which using High Level gearboxes provides.

• RMweb Premium

I am currently waiting on them to contact me for three low rider power bogies.

Chris said he would reserve 3 for me and contact as soon as open.

The Covid's gone now (luckily my jabs saved me) so we're now back in full swing and working through the orders.

I'm intending to list spares on the site when I get the chance.

Thank you all for your support.

Martin, I hope to get your bogies off to you, or at least to the post office, this week. 

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Premium
On 08/08/2021 at 13:42, Izzy said:

Well, I ordered some Roadrunner+ ‘s on Monday thinking it would be a few weeks, given the backlog Chris must have with orders, and blow me they popped through the door yesterday. 

So thank you Chris, a few locos in 7mm & 4mm I can sort out now. You really do want silent runners when sound fitted which using High Level gearboxes provides.

Seconded - thank you, Chris. I was mightily impressed by how quickly things arrived - a week. 

I ordered a gearbox on the 2nd and it turned up today. Like others, I was expecting a longer wait than that due to the backlog of orders so I was pleasantly surprised when Chris phoned on Friday to confirm my order.

However, I have, unfortunately, got a problem with the gearbox in that the final drive and stage 1 gears don't mesh. I can spin one without the other turning. The gearbox is a 60:1 roadrunner. It doesn't look like a case of simply elongating the holes in the gearbox a bit as I can see that to get the gears to mesh properly, the larger gear on the first stage will touch the boss of the final drive gear, preventing them from being close enough together.

Chris, if you're reading this, what should I do?

Regards,

Jamie

• RMweb Premium
39 minutes ago, JamieR4489 said:

I ordered a gearbox on the 2nd and it turned up today. Like others, I was expecting a longer wait than that due to the backlog of orders so I was pleasantly surprised when Chris phoned on Friday to confirm my order.

However, I have, unfortunately, got a problem with the gearbox in that the final drive and stage 1 gears don't mesh. I can spin one without the other turning. The gearbox is a 60:1 roadrunner. It doesn't look like a case of simply elongating the holes in the gearbox a bit as I can see that to get the gears to mesh properly, the larger gear on the first stage will touch the boss of the final drive gear, preventing them from being close enough together.

Chris, if you're reading this, what should I do?

Regards,

Jamie

Never elongate any holes in a HL gearbox! (Or in anything else for that matter.) 

It's hard to see what's going on from your description, but it sounds like you might have the gears the wrong way around on the axles. Are they the same way round as shown here? https://b7a49983-e761-43c1-ba2b-2bfa1bd083c3.filesusr.com/ugd/27e471_1532540cfc82469786092557474ed514.pdf The problems you describe should never happen with a HL gearbox - they fall together. 

You might get a faster answer direct from Chris at: mail@highlevelkits.co.uk 

• Agree 1