High Level Kits

High Level Kits

• 1 month later...

Just completed, a pilot model built from test etches which will be on the stand for the next two shows, after which there will be an improved, production version which will include brass buffers and extra castings.

The model of Armstrong’s D10 Demonstrator of 1932, is tiny, about 2 inches long and comes with an integral high-reduction gearbox, optional compensation and IllusoDrive for smooth running.

This looks really interesting - what wheels does it need?

Steve

Canada

Just completed, a pilot model built from test etches which will be on the stand for the next two shows, after which there will be an improved, production version which will include brass buffers and extra castings.

The model of Armstrong’s D10 Demonstrator of 1932, is tiny, about 2 inches long and comes with an integral high-reduction gearbox, optional compensation and IllusoDrive for smooth running.

My bank manager wishes to express her thanks that it isn't 1:43 scale.

It is not very often I stray off plan but I gotta get me one!

I am sure it was in demo use at Westbury for the GWR (alongside the Fowler I bought that isn't in the great plan either).

Mike Wiltshire

• 3 months later...

With EM North approaching, I was hoping to have a decent supply of Mashimas with me, based on the fact they were dispatched from Japan on the 14th of August. 

Unfortunately, UK Customs have stuck their oar in again, and the parcel has been resting at the Coventry hub since 16th of last month. Tried ringing them but, after listening to a series of inappropriate options from a machine, it hung up. They really are not an asset to this country.

If anyone wants a motor at the show, I’ll take orders and will send it on post free.

• RMweb Gold

With EM North approaching, I was hoping to have a decent supply of Mashimas with me, based on the fact they were dispatched from Japan on the 14th of August. 

Unfortunately, UK Customs have stuck their oar in again, and the parcel has been resting at the Coventry hub since 16th of last month. Tried ringing them but, after listening to a series of inappropriate options from a machine, it hung up. They really are not an asset to this country.

If anyone wants a motor at the show, I’ll take orders and will send it on post free.

It's interesting to note that Mashima are still shipping - that's quite a long wind-down!

Related - when the stocks are eventually used up, how long do you expect to still supply gearboxes with the hole patterns for Mashima motors?

It's interesting to note that Mashima are still shipping - that's quite a long wind-down!

Related - when the stocks are eventually used up, how long do you expect to still supply gearboxes with the hole patterns for Mashima motors?

Yes, it has been a long wind-down, but we're now down to the last few and some are no longer available at all. I suppose Mashima must've been raking down the back of the sofa!

I'm still working on a stategy with regards to how to proceed, post Mashima, but I'll try and keep the current designs running as long as people need them. The big question is which motors to make the new designs compatable with.... and how long will they be available for?

Yes, it has been a long wind-down, but we're now down to the last few and some are no longer available at all. I suppose Mashima must've been raking down the back of the sofa!

I'm still working on a stategy with regards to how to proceed, post Mashima, but I'll try and keep the current designs running as long as people need them. The big question is which motors to make the new designs compatable with.... and how long will they be available for?

Chris

I like this idea as I (and I guess many others) have built up a stash of motors not thinking about the new replacement motors having different fittings

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

It's unfortunate that there doesn't appear to be a range of motors that stand out to be suitable - clearly there IS demand although I'm not sure what that translates to in numbers as making motors only works out cost-effective in high numbers of course.

The closest to an 'industry standard' is small holes at 8.5mm centres, so the chances are anything I do would have those anyway. This would allow for 10series, 14s, and a 12 as well with a touch of a file. I won't be leaving anyone with Mashimas high and dry and can keep the current designs running until demand ceases.

Might this be available for Scaleforum? Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Sorry about the delayed reply. I haven't had a chance to do much on this job but will have the model with me. One more etch should do it, so possibly ready around Xmas time.

Can I add the AW D10 to my Christmas list yet? Loved the pilot model at Scaleforum and even bought the Gibson Pug wheels ready!

And might I please ask if there is anything moving with the custom gearbox drive for Mike Edge's Fell?

Thanks.