Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Glorious Shop Puns

• RMweb Gold

There's an Indian takeaway in Exeter called Argee Bhargee, and another Walter Wall floorings!

Fish shop in Paignton called the Fish Plaice.

One I remember in Wolverhampton called Chish & Fips.

There was a few hairdresser shop puns in a book which Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman wrote (Good Omens): 'A cut above the rest', 'Mane attraction', 'Curl up & Dye' (which is also in The Blues Brothers film).

.....Oh, I nearly forgot. In 2000, when I worked in Ostrava, Czech Republic, there was a sporting footwear shop called Athlete's Foot! 

There's a chain of sporting footwear shops called that here in Oz.

Also, a higher-than-usual class chippy near me called The Fishmonger's Wife.

I've also seen Souper Salad, and Super Whatnot somewhere around town. Abra Kebabs is fairly common, and then there's Frisky Goat.  :dontknow:

Not to be forgotten: Pourboy Espresso.

Several years ago I was in a small village near Glasgow called Killin, and yes there was a shop by the name of ...... Killin Time !

Oh! And the pubs were good if anyone is thinking of going there

Lady Sew and Sew a fabric shop/craft emporium. Boshers the builders - apparently they're actually rather good builders.

Porter Johns an Annapolis supplier of portaloos (British equivalant would be calling it Porter Loos).

• RMweb Gold

Lots of good things on here for those of us in puerile timewarp. ISTR a curry house in Birmingham, visible from the Chiltern service, called Balti Towers. And, in the same vein, and full marks to them for "getting it", I think there was a firm of builders from the same ethnic origin, whose van bore the slogan "You've tried the cowboys - now try the Indians!"

Picking up on Brum curry houses, there used to be one on Broad Street called Regards

There is a bakers in Foots Cray called Baps & Bloomers

There is a removals firm in Old (Northants) called Knights

Apparently there is a Cambridge Erection Services who put up scaffolding (of course - what were you thinking of?)

And solicitors in Leamingto Spa called Wright Hassall & Co.

Lots of good things on here for those of us in puerile timewarp. ISTR a curry house in Birmingham, visible from the Chiltern service, called Balti Towers. And, in the same vein, and full marks to them for "getting it", I think there was a firm of builders from the same ethnic origin, whose van bore the slogan "You've tried the cowboys - now try the Indians!"

I saw that slogan written in the dirt on the back of a van in Luton once. Now if anyone has been to Luton they would note the relevance.... :jester:

Stewart

Archived