Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Glorious Shop Puns

• RMweb Gold

I actually rent from Doolittle and Dalley in Kidderminster.

I used to sell to a place in Sheffield called Mycocks Electrical, the owners name was Pat Mycock. 

:laugh:

Sorry, but seriously, Pat Mycock?! That's a just a leap too far to be believable. Seriously?

:laugh:

Sorry, but seriously, Pat Mycock?! That's a just a leap too far to be believable. Seriousl

It was back in my PPE Sales days, I'd not long started, and I though it was one of those wind ups for newbies, but it is genuinely true. I've had customers with all sorts of names during my sales career.

• RMweb Premium

Here  in Oakham, regarding dentists we have

Dentith & Dentith

who have, I think been indulging in too much anathetic.

Now retired, but in the market place was another dentist:

N. J. Chipping.

Regards

Ian

"Curl Up & Dye", hairdressers, Chatteris (Cambs)

"Rumbles Fish Bar", Chatteris (& absolutely excellent, large portions, better than the award winning shop close by, and they have a chain of shops in the region).

"the Sh*t Shifters", sewage tanker lorry, Bedford. (exactly as typed, in HUGE letters on the tank side).

"Cut and Clipper", hairdresser, appropriately located in The Cut, a street between Southwark & Waterloo stations.

"Bounce", apparently the home of Ping Pong (with a blue plaque above the door!), High Holborn (the old Gamages site I believe).

and - the old ones are the best - "Costa", the coffee shop chain, appropriate for the prices they charge!

I've also seen the "Rumble Tum" cafe, but can't remember where.

And in Blackpool, "The Flying Handbag" pub which was recently demolished, a well known gay pub opposite North station.

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

"Curl Up & Dye", hairdressers, Chatteris (Cambs)

"Rumbles Fish Bar", Chatteris (& absolutely excellent, large portions, better than the award winning shop close by, and they have a chain of shops in the region).

"the Sh*t Shifters", sewage tanker lorry, Bedford. (exactly as typed, in HUGE letters on the tank side).

"Cut and Clipper", hairdresser, appropriately located in The Cut, a street between Southwark & Waterloo stations.

"Bounce", apparently the home of Ping Pong (with a blue plaque above the door!), High Holborn (the old Gamages site I believe).

and - the old ones are the best - "Costa", the coffee shop chain, appropriate for the prices they charge!

I've also seen the "Rumble Tum" cafe, but can't remember where.

And in Blackpool, "The Flying Handbag" pub which was recently demolished, a well known gay pub opposite North station.

Stewart

There used to be a Rumbling Tum In Streatham next to the Ice Rink

Guest CLARENCE

When I lived in Alnwick, I used to pass an accountant's by the name of Nickall. And I remember seeing vans in the Leeds area marked Duxass, something to do with roofing, I seem to remember!

Cheers, David

Virgin media have started naming their vans with movie-themed pun names as below, also seen Lee Van Cleef, groan ! ! !

post-6977-0-20692100-1398962836.jpg

A retired freind, an ex Birmingham driver, just  might like them, Cliff Edge.

Tom

Archived