Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

• RMweb Gold

There's an Indian takeaway in Exeter called Argee Bhargee, and another Walter Wall floorings!

Fish shop in Paignton called the Fish Plaice.

One I remember in Wolverhampton called Chish & Fips.

There was a few hairdresser shop puns in a book which Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman wrote (Good Omens): 'A cut above the rest', 'Mane attraction', 'Curl up & Dye' (which is also in The Blues Brothers film).

In Norfolk there was a letting agent who had called their office building Euneda House, and in Burton there is an estate agent called Paul Orridge, who never uses his initial on his signs.  Bet he loved his parents when growing up.

• Like 2
  • RMweb Gold

There was a floorcovering shop in the 90's, I think in Dronfield Sheffield, called Walter Wall Carpets!

there's one in carlisle called "fred bear carpets"

Edited by big jim

.....Oh, I nearly forgot. In 2000, when I worked in Ostrava, Czech Republic, there was a sporting footwear shop called Athlete's Foot! 

There's a chain of sporting footwear shops called that here in Oz.

Also, a higher-than-usual class chippy near me called The Fishmonger's Wife.

I've also seen Souper Salad, and Super Whatnot somewhere around town. Abra Kebabs is fairly common, and then there's Frisky Goat.  :dontknow:

Not to be forgotten: Pourboy Espresso.

• Like 2

Several years ago I was in a small village near Glasgow called Killin, and yes there was a shop by the name of ...... Killin Time !

Oh! And the pubs were good if anyone is thinking of going there

Edited by bgman
  • Like 1

Round the Lowestoft area there's a office cleaning service called Mary Moppins

http://marymoppins.co.uk/

Not a company name I know but an out door activity shop in Norwich once had an after summer sale one year with the sales pitch  

"Now is the winter of our discount tent"

Edited by Londontram
  • Like 1

Lady Sew and Sew a fabric shop/craft emporium. Boshers the builders - apparently they're actually rather good builders.

Porter Johns an Annapolis supplier of portaloos (British equivalant would be calling it Porter Loos).

• Like 1
  • RMweb Gold

Lots of good things on here for those of us in puerile timewarp. ISTR a curry house in Birmingham, visible from the Chiltern service, called Balti Towers. And, in the same vein, and full marks to them for "getting it", I think there was a firm of builders from the same ethnic origin, whose van bore the slogan "You've tried the cowboys - now try the Indians!"

Edited by Oldddudders
  • Like 1

Picking up on Brum curry houses, there used to be one on Broad Street called Regards

There is a bakers in Foots Cray called Baps & Bloomers

There is a removals firm in Old (Northants) called Knights

Apparently there is a Cambridge Erection Services who put up scaffolding (of course - what were you thinking of?)

And solicitors in Leamingto Spa called Wright Hassall & Co.

• Like 1

Lots of good things on here for those of us in puerile timewarp. ISTR a curry house in Birmingham, visible from the Chiltern service, called Balti Towers. And, in the same vein, and full marks to them for "getting it", I think there was a firm of builders from the same ethnic origin, whose van bore the slogan "You've tried the cowboys - now try the Indians!"

I saw that slogan written in the dirt on the back of a van in Luton once. Now if anyone has been to Luton they would note the relevance.... :jester:

Stewart

• Like 1