Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Glorious Shop Puns

• RMweb Gold

My family's legal affairs in the UK are handled by a partner in a Manchester firm of solicitors, Mr Lawless.

There used to be a hairdressing salon in a certain North London suburb (on the High Street) called "New Barnet"

And in Framingham, a suburb of Boston MA, there's a towing company which goes by the name of "Camel Towing".

My favourite has to be the cobblers in Gillingham that was called R.Soles Cobblers until the trading standard or some such other miserable wotsits made him change it.

A friend of mine sent me some other on facebook the other day that made me giggle - A computer printer supplies shop called Alan Cartridge, but probably the best was a tyre fitter called Father Tred.

the spirit of Carry On is alive and well...

Best Regards

Chris

• RMweb Premium

Wright Hassall in Leamington Spa are OK but Savage and Wright in Warwick are much worse.

For light work, Hunt, Lunt & Cunningham of Chipping Camden take a bit of beating.

Sttillgood and Wellbeloved of Reading, are according to their brass plate, best fosr divorce.

Regard

Ian

Edited for legal gobbledegook

• RMweb Gold

Back in the Eighties when I worked in Ashford (Mddx) there was a building firm called Ripoffe & Scarper.

And I have been know to issue fake invoices when helping friends with plumbing emergencies under the name of "Bodgit & Screwem"

Hee hee

Phil

• RMweb Gold

There is an estate agents in Bridgnorth called Doolittle and Dalley - not very reassuring when you need to sell your house quickly! :D

There's also one in South Wales called Crook & Blighthttp://www.crookandblight.com/

I'm sure that, somewhere, there must be dentists with names like Payne or Savage - and most likely also ones called Black and Decker - but probably not working at the same practice.

Huw.

Archived