Whitaker Apparatus in 4mm.

Here are two made up whitakers either side of the track at shillingstone station on the s&d, scale oo gauge. Photos are from scenic railways who own copyright. All I want is two static whitakers made up to look the part, not acgual parts that move.

Cheers, steve

post-26728-0-70016300-1438667645.jpeg

post-26728-0-78158800-1438667666.jpeg

post-26728-0-87946200-1438667683.jpg

• 1 month later...

Here are two made up whitakers either side of the track at shillingstone station on the s&d, scale oo gauge. Photos are from scenic railways who own copyright. All I want is two static whitakers made up to look the part, not acgual parts that move.

Cheers, steve

Do we know who made these?

• 2 weeks later...

Another photo (credit sdjr.org.uk) showing size/presence, note 'falling man' version (bottom right). Must have been a job setting up in dark + bad weather.

interested to see what might happen in 4mm. 

boysown.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I asked Bachmann about the spares situation regarding the tablet apparatus on the 7F tender (or indeed the 2MT - I think) but the response was that it was not available as a spare. Now, do we need to buy a complete tender body - also not a spare, so it seems we are drawing a blank...

Best,

Marcus

If you buy a Bachmann S&D 7F it comes with the tender tablet catcher apparatus fitted to both sides, but also in the 'bits' bag there are spare ones (I'm away from home at the mo so can't check but I'm sure there are 2), presumably in case you break one.  Now I've got all 4 7Fs (they're all different), so I've got 8 spare tablet catchers, but I havn't yet needed to use them as spares because I havn't broken any. 

So I've fitted some to my personally detailed Hornby 4Fs (numbered as the S&D's 44417 & 44422) and have earmarked the others for some of my other S&D locos.  It is important to check photos as not all locos on the S&D had tablet catchers fitted.

What I'm getting at, is that if you are a committed S&D modeller like me (several 7Fs), you may well have a number of spare tender tablet catchers that you didn't realise were there.

If you buy a Bachmann S&D 7F it comes with the tender tablet catcher apparatus fitted to both sides, but also in the 'bits' bag there are spare ones (I'm away from home at the mo so can't check but I'm sure there are 2), presumably in case you break one.  Now I've got all 4 7Fs (they're all different), so I've got 8 spare tablet catchers, but I havn't yet needed to use them as spares because I havn't broken any. 

So I've fitted some to my personally detailed Hornby 4Fs (numbered as the S&D's 44417 & 44422) and have earmarked the others for some of my other S&D locos.  It is important to check photos as not all locos on the S&D had tablet catchers fitted.

What I'm getting at, is that if you are a committed S&D modeller like me (several 7Fs), you may well have a number of spare tender tablet catchers that you didn't realise were there.

Oh, I hate you! The 7f is a really good looking locomotive and the Bachmann model is equally good looking. How on earth am I supposed to justify one on the Buntingford Branch??. Never mind, I'll think of something; my birthday is coming up...

(All this for a little piece of plastic? Well, of course!)

Best,

Marcus

• RMweb Gold

All this angst over what is a fairly simple bit of fabrication. If fitting tablet catchers to your locos is so important why not, as modellers, just make some rather than wait for someone to produce a kit or make them for you!

Just a thought.

Jerry

• 2 months later...

Does anyone make the Whitaker token equipment used on the S&D? Or even something that can be modified to a passable resemblance?  I may contact Bachmann about supplying as a spare what they supply with the 7F, but due to the number I need, it may be better to get an etched version.

Got a 'bag o' bits' from Bachmann for a fiver, if that helps. Two Whitaker catchers, as fitted to the 7f, in the bag along with some nice screw link couplings. Money well spent, I'd say.

Best,

Marcus

Got a 'bag o' bits' from Bachmann for a fiver, if that helps. Two Whitaker catchers, as fitted to the 7f, in the bag along with some nice screw link couplings. Money well spent, I'd say.

Best,

Marcus

I have all the 'bits' from my three Bachmann 7F's, only had the one when I started the topic. These, together with my Lochgorm Kits etch, will now suffice for the layout as I am only fitting loco's, well classes, that actually ran on the S&D.

• 1 month later...

Archived