How about a little Tudor competition ?

My take on a timber framed build, the pub on Ashwood Basin, 7mm scale built from card and skinned with casting plaster.

Hi Mike, wonderful looking building, great work. I have been browsing your website to see if you wrote anything about how you constructed your windows for the pub. It looks to me from the photograph above that you have managed to get the individual panes of glass in each window tilted in different planes (which I find to be one of the signatures of these buildings)? I have been pondering how to achieve that effect (in 4mm scale). Did you use a single glazing sheet for each window?

Thanks, John

hi John, each window is a single sheet of glass with the leaded work on each side sandwiching the glass so that it looks like individual panes. Nothing clever I'm afraid just a trick of the light and a good camera.

ps. love your work

Thanks Mike, it certainly turned out well! I think some of the windows in my building have individual panes that are just 1mm by 1.5mm in 4mm scale so I can see I am going to have fun with the lead work.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived