Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the Midland Railway photo’s, which are full of interest. I particularly like the first three of the Midland ‘Spinner’ number 673. Its a particularly lovely locomotive.

The Scottish photo’s are most interesting, and that’s a classic photo’ of Edinburgh, Princess Street Gardens, with 101305 on a down service, on the 11th October, 1986, in C8033. Whatout refering to the Railcar site, I see the leading car, a DMSL, has a four lamp cab end. If what I’m thinking is right, then it must have been transferred from an English region, since the Scottish 101’s were equipped with two character headcode boxes below the centre cab windscreen.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

attachicon.gifEdinburgh 101305 down11th Oct 86 C8033.jpg

Edinburgh 101305 down 11th Oct 86

Happy New Year Dave when it comes. Thanks once again for all your efforts they are appreciated.

Was interested to see the road style speed sign in use in 86, I had always thought it was a little later. As mentioned above the 101s with 4 lights were less common up here. How I miss them on the Fife services, you got a great view crossing the Forth Bridge.

Road style speed signs reminds me of a story from Dundee at East Dock street where a speeding motorist claimed he got confused by the 70mph speed limit on the railway line when the road had a 40 mph limit.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Broughty+Ferry+Rd,+Dundee/@56.4680236,-2.9405173,3a,75y,356.54h,90t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sNH-ydxk6cXr3cEQeInbdCg!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x48865c58f885f4c1:0xf533fe78f26b8b65

Thing is I would have had some sympathy for him except he was doing 95mph at the time. Maybe he thought he was driving a late running 47!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-12772442

Edited by Waverley47708
  • Like 1

C6030;- I see the crippled bogie hopper has been joined by a four-wheeled one, and a Sturgeon.

Wasn't there a hopper arrangement next to the main line for the coal merchant, made from some 21t hopper bodies on a framework?

It wasn't that complicated they were just put on top of the drops and pushed together with the doors down and used as extra storage capacity!

Mark Saunders

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the Northumberland photo’s which are so full of interest. What a classic shot of an HST in J6795, at Acklington with 254033 on a down express service in February, 1980.

So I would like to wish you a Happy and Prosperous New Year. I too love all the photo’s you post, they are the highlight of each day.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Premium

+ 8 from me. I don't often comment as others seem to say all there is to say, but I really appreciate and enjoy the wonderful photos you post most days. Happy New Year Dave and All.

John

Edit for punctuation

Edited by Brit70053

Thanks for keeping my interest picqued every day Dave. And that goes for all the interesting stuff that pops up each day on every part of the site from all the contributors. Many thanks and a Happy 2019 to all.

Regards

Guy

Happy new year to you too Dave. Thank you for all your pictures you've shared making this a must visit thread whenever I'm on RMWeb. It's brought back so many memories and more than a few modelling ideas.

Steve.

Happy new year to you too Dave. Thank you for all your pictures you've shared making this a must visit thread whenever I'm on RMWeb. It's brought back so many memories and more than a few modelling ideas.

Steve.

I'll second that motion!   Thanks Dave. :yes: