Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

We'll head north this evening to have a look at Pilmoor, on the ECML north of York.

attachicon.gifPilmoor Class 45 D106 Bristol to Newcastle May 67 J0886.jpg

Pilmoor Class 45 D106 Bristol to Newcastle May 67 J0886

attachicon.gifPilmoor Class 47 D1100 down cement May 67 J0887.jpg

Pilmoor Class 47 D1100 down cement May 67 J0887

attachicon.gifPilmoor WD 90309 down goods May 67 J0880.jpg

Pilmoor WD 90309 down goods May 67 J0880

This train was the highlight of the afternoon on Saturdays for me.

attachicon.gifPilmoor Class 20 working in up direction on down fast removing damaged cement wagon August 1967 J1060.jpg

Pilmoor Class 20 working in up direction on down fast removing damaged cement wagon August 1967 J1060

This was the clear up after the cement train derailed which was then hit by DP2

David

The one with the EE Type 1 looks like the sort of thing that a kid might run on their first train set..Brakevan on wrong end and a pair of non-identical opens on either end of a bogie well wagon. Oh, and a Triang Cemflo on the well-wagon, as its flanges were too big for Hornby-Dublo points..

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Wonderful photo's again, DaveF. The class 47 view has reminded me of a day excursion on 17th April, 1977 from Hull to Shrewsbury. Again many thanks for these photo's.

All the best,

Market65.

Lovely photos like the Tanfield ones went there when on holiday at Lucker very friendly people and interesting stock also liked my visits to Beamish thanks for the photos they are bringing back many memories.

• RMweb Premium

excellent pics once again dave, very much enjoy your late-60s/ early-70s ones for the mix of liveries, even in one train.

J1265 is a good one for the nice view of a dia.17 RF - a particularly LMR vehicle, looking fresh in b/g with small numbers

all of your photos seem to have a lot of 'peripheral' interest too - detailing the fixtures and fittings & other ephemera of the railway e.g. C177 of the green 114 at barkston

Edited by keefer

• RMweb Gold

How truly evocative these latest photo's are. I especially like the first one with the class 31 on The Day Continental. The photo's really do show how things really were like. More please!

All the best,

Market65.

In the sixties the stock used on trains from Parkeston Quay was not of the highest quality ,I travelled on a dirty ,paint peeling Gresley set that seemed to have all the internal doors jammed open and toilet doors that stuck when closed,happy days thanks for the pics.

• RMweb Premium

Excellent stuff .Love the Standard 5. When I went to Poland in 2003/4 this was very much the sort of thing that still happened near Wolsztyn and Poznan. A 'Standard' type 2.6.2. MT loco on an old branch with just a few wagons (usually timber). Great fun, especially when one was driving/ shunting.

• Like 1

Those were the days anoraks long hair at least two spotters notebooks,Tizer and  Lyons fruit pies plus bunking sheds getting rides on footplates ah memories thanks.

And i thought it was just me.

• Thanks 1