Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the GCR photo’s which show the line in relativity early days. It’s always good to see the N2 which features in J6338 and the previous photo’, at Quorn and Woodhouse, in September, 1978. 

The L.T.&.S.R. photo’s  show, once more, how the mundane railway went about its business without fuss or pomp. No HST’s but just those EMU’s going about getting people from A to B. 

J6951, at Laindon, with EMU  302273, on a  Shoeburyness to Fenchurch St service in May, 1980, has captured so perfectly one of those EMU’s on its daily schedule of getting passengers through to Fenchurch Street station. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, 73c said:

Hi Dave. With those buildings in the background, I'd say photo J6337 is more likely Loughborough than Quorn.

A case of more haste less speed, I was copying and pasting when I shouldn't have done so.

To be honest today has been a bad day, as my Mum, whom is 94, is quite unwell.

David

• Friendly/supportive 19

• RMweb Premium

Hello Dave ,

Thanks for the excellent photos, I really enjoy the memories of the eras that they often show.

Kind regards,

Ian.

Edited by 03060
Respectfully removed earlier observation after correction.
  • Thanks 1

Interesting to see that you managed to post over the weekend, David. When I logged on during Saturday afternoon I found myself getting a 502 error from the site server (which continued all day yesterday and was still present in the small hours of today). I'm pleased to see that it has repaired itself this morning!

Sorry to hear about your mother. I do hope that she feels a bit brighter soon. I sympathise, mine is 93 in a few weeks and for the past few months it has been one thing after another!

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 35A said:

Interesting to see that you managed to post over the weekend, David. When I logged on during Saturday afternoon I found myself getting a 502 error from the site server (which continued all day yesterday and was still present in the small hours of today). I'm pleased to see that it has repaired itself this morning!

Sorry to hear about your mother. I do hope that she feels a bit brighter soon. I sympathise, mine is 93 in a few weeks and for the past few months it has been one thing after another!

This is probably the problem you encountered:

Another member found:

https://www.rmweb.co.uk  works.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk  doesn't work.

www.rmweb.co.uk  doesn't work.

Old bookmarks may not have the correct address.

I happened to make a new bookmark (favourite) when I set up my version of new content after the upgrade, so it had the "https" in it.

According to AndyY the problem has been fixed now.

David

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I’m sorry about your Mum, and hopefully treatment from the doctor will help cure it. I think Im suffering from the same kind of thing and haven’t been well for about a week. 

Anyway the photo’s today of the ECML in Northumberland are superb. I particularly like J7121, at  Warkworth, with class 40, 40007, on a freightliner, in August, 1980. The 40 looks so impressive and powerful as so often with that class of big EE locomotives. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the varied selection of Scottish photo’s. They are all most interesting, and show different aspects of how the railway was in Scotland in later BR days. The first one of Fouldubs Junction, Caledonian, signal box, on the 14th August, 1987, C8953, shows what a lovely old structure that it was back then. It would translate into a most delightful model.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the Blyth and Tyne photo’s which are all so full of interest. In J7641, at Cambois, with class 37,  37065 , in April, 1982, the photo’ shows how fine the detail on a 37 actually is, and it will be a good challenge to reproduce that in a model in any scale.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dvdlcs said:

J7641 also gives an interesting comparison between the then modern HBA/HEA hopper and an older example, don't think that was a HTV, in the foreground.

I thought that the unfitted hopper was ex-LNER, but, looking at it, the end has some curves, so possibly a former Private Owner from somewhere? Mark Saunders or Paul Bartlett migh be able to identify it.

• Thanks 1