Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Premium

Hi Dave

I just had a problem with "Submit Reply" to a post and it didn't appear in the topic, so I posted it again, whereby I ended up with two copies!

(I got the greyed out "Saving" for a while, then it went back to "Submit Reply" which I clicked again and it instantly posted)

Edited by melmerby
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the Barnetby photo’s from the 29th May, 1991, which are so full of interest. The last one, C15894, with 60027, on an eastbound tanker train, shows how such trains can be short and is just right to replicate on a model railway.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the Bressingham photo’s which are full of interest, and in J3083, from August, 1972, the ex LSWR B4 30102, is looking quite down at heel. Thankfully, it’s seems safe there remaining on display.

The Carlisle and Kingmoor photo’s are all of interest, and in C13820, that is a great portrait of 85105 on an up freight on the 27th October, 1989.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, russ p said:

Great pictures,  somewhere I've only been a couple of times despite not living far from it.

That 10.25in train looks a right little death trap! 

Embarassingly I only live 15 minutes away and I've only ever been to the cafe / shop for some plants.

As ever, thanks for sharing your photos @DaveF - I like the one of your mum waving at the train, my Mrs does that but nowadays rarely gets a response.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the Morpeth photo’s which are all of interest. The last one of 37057 and 37012, on a down goods train in the loop, on the 16th February, 1989, is a very atmospheric view in the quite low sun. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the photo’s of the ECML between Newark and Retford. All are so nostalgic and interesting. In J6520, at Gamston, with 254019, on an up express, in June, 1979, you have a classic view of the train that helped to rejuvenate BR at a dire time in the late seventies. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

J6519.....my first impression was 55007 Pinza. Looks like a 7 when blown up and the plate is very short with quite tall lettering. The first Deltic I ever stood next to before it departed York one freezing November evening in 1981. Great photo Dave! 

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, luckymucklebackit said:

C14066 is very interesting for the weid redundant turnouts and a loco sitting beyond the platform starter (prototype for everything contended)

JIm

Is it a SPAD then, or does the whole loco have to go beyond the signal, or has the loco set off and the signal has returned to red pretty sharpish?

Mike.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I'm pretty sure the loco past the peg photo - C14066 - is deliberate. There (should be) 7 bogies on that train and Oxford Rd's platform 2 could not accommodate a loco + 7 trailing bogies.

Kev.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the Manchester Oxford Road photo’s, which were all taken on the 3rd March, 1990, and all are of interest. In C14075, with 150225 on a Stockport service, the 150/2 is looking quite unkempt - still not too long after first introduction too. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Dave,

Love the Manchester photographs - happy days!  I wish somebody would bring out a RTR Class 304 EMU as I have always thought that Oxford Road would make a superb compact layout with lots of options and variety!

Keep the photos coming, they are great to look at.

Rich

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Is it a SPAD then, or does the whole loco have to go beyond the signal, or has the loco set off and the signal has returned to red pretty sharpish?

Mike.

Given the track layout the overlaps are presumably very short with 'first wheel replacement' for the signals, ie the signal was at proceed for the train but as soon as the loco passed it, it returned to danger.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

J6519 - is definitely 55007 Pinza (it has the fuller Finsbury Park plated over headcode modification). Deltic 9 was the only other one to have this modification but in the photo there definitely more of a 7 than a 9 and very short nameplate.

Edited by deltic17
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

J6522 is 55015 Tulyar. It's headcode boxes were plated on 28/6 according to Napier Chronicles and by mid July it had white windows so this is in that in between period. 

The delve above the right marker light gives it away as Tulyar and when you know that you can make out the 5 in the photo. Obviously racehorse nameplate too.

• Like 2