Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

Spent many an hour there while at college in Nottingham. We used to park up on the down side of the lines and sit in my car waiting for trains to pass, until it got too dark to see. Very close to where the shot of D1 is taken from. I was at college 1973-5, but rarely saw any of the 44's on that part of the line.

That was...until a very nice man approached us one night and told us the piece of layby was private and could we meet each other somewhere else?

Ho-hum.

• RMweb Gold

Whahoo look at that beast! Is it a trap or a full switch and crossing set to trap?

I think this photo explains it.  The turnout and switch machines are just to the left of the HST power car.

post-5613-0-15495500-1456416719_thumb.jpg

Newcastle 43182 Kings X to Edinburgh Feb 87 J8766

David

Edited by DaveF
  • Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Some excellent photo's of Newcastle. Some remarkable trackwork to be seen. And it is great to see all those trains on the everyday services. You have caught the essence of the station in those photos so perfectly.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

More cracking stuff Dave! Brightens the day perusing these

J736 - Nice shot of D14 in economy green, must be syp - shows the long cab door handrails fitted to the D11-16 group of locos - along with the nose end doors of course - in common with D1 - 10

Cheers

Phil

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Some great photos today of the Midland line from Skipton. And, as already mentioned, I must say about the appalling condition of that Brittania! Indeed, of course, steam was being run down, and I well remember seeing a very rusty Flying Pig on a pick up goods train leaving Beverley on its way to Hull in 1966.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

I realise that J736 is taken with a low sun, so probably red...but look how RUSTY that Brit looks? At first I thought it must be a 9F.......

I actually remember that day quite well, I thought at the time what a poor state the Britannia was in.  I wondered if it was a last minute substitute for a diesel.

David

• RMweb Gold

J752. I believe 75015 is crossing over Carleton Road bridge which is some way before the bridge over the main line to Leeds not as stated.

Excellent photos!

Tony.

Tony,

Thanks for pointing this out.

I've just noticed what appears to be a street lamp which is a bit of a giveaway!

David