Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

There was a batch of NE 37's that had oval buffers fitted, probably for a specific working. The earliest I've got photos of them fitted is 1969. These are the ones I've found so fitted, in photos up to now. D6755 (in green), 6761(in green) , D6767 (in green), 6770, 6771, 6773, 6774, 37072, 37074, 37079.

Paul J.

http://www.dartcastings.co.uk/mjt/2352.php

These buffers I believe.

Mike.

• RMweb Gold

Absolutely stunning Peak collection Dave

J2102 - afraid that's D137 The Cheshire Regiment not D67

Cheers

Phil

Thanks,

I've altered the caption - and the slide catalogue.

David

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. A great set of photos of Nottingham Midland. The 45's make a powerful sight, and were such an integral part of the Midland Mainline for many years. The photos help to keep the memories alive.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

Looks like the Nottingham ones were taken during re-signalling; a lot of bright shiny colour lights combined with the sad sight of armless semaphore structures and redundant signalboxes. Sad but ever so important time capsules. :umbrage:

JF

It never ceases to surprise me how grubby things looked in those days, and I can still remember the revelation as famous London buildings were cleaned to reveal their original colours from what must have the late 70s onwards.

Great photos as always.

Nottingham Midland station today in 1970 and 1971 with typical motive power of the period.

Neither Dad nor I took photos at big stations very often, usually only when we were actually travelling by train.  These were all taken by Dad, looking at the dates I think he would have been dropping me off at the station when I was returning to Manchester, or else when he was picking me up.  Where he lived then was quite difficult to reach by bus at some times of day.

It's worth looking at the detail differences between the locos.

attachicon.gifNotingham view east Feb 70 J2062.jpg

Nottingham view east Feb 70 J2062

attachicon.gifNottingham Class 45 down freightMay 70 J2101.jpg

Nottingham Class 45 down freight May 70 J2101

attachicon.gifNottingham Class 45 D67 down coal and Class 45 D54 Nottingham to Manchester May 70 J2102.jpg

Nottingham Class 45 D137 down coal and Class 45 D54 Nottingham to Manchester May 70 J2102

attachicon.gifNottingham Class 45 Nottingham to Manchester Piccadilly May 71 J2668.jpg

Nottingham Class 45 Nottingham to Manchester Piccadilly May 71 J2668

attachicon.gifNottingham Class 45 50 Nottingham to Manchester Oct 71 J2785.jpg

Nottingham Class 45 50 Nottingham to Manchester Oct 71 J2785

NURSE!!! :D

• RMweb Gold

Great pictures again David

A shame that the works closed and that the buildings were demolished as they and the sidings would have been better than the NRM shildon as it was a much bigger site

• RMweb Premium

C3189 is a good view of one of the former luggage vans. as the boat traffic declined they were converted into MBS, but are recognisable by the unique window layout - particularly the use of large saloon windows

• RMweb Premium

Hi David

The class 308 in C3189 is one of the ones with the motor luggage brake van converted to a motor second brake.

Edit, I had an internet problem and didn't realise Keefer had beaten me to it.

Edited by Clive Mortimore

Seeing those Rail 150 pics reminds me I have some super8 cine film that would be better off on dvd; can anyone recommend a quality transfer company?

Sorry for thread hijack David, so I anyone with any recommendations based on personal use could PM me, so I don't get into more trouble for hijacking, I'd be really grateful.

Rgds,

Andy.

Sorry again David.

Edited by leopardml2341

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Excellent photos of Rail 150. It was such a great event which we will not see again in our lifetimes.

There are more great photos of the L.T.&S.R. A much underrated railway. I particularly like seeing Waverley. I haven't seen many photos of her before.

With warmest regards,

Rob.