Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the King’s Cross photo’s which are full of interest and, as with many places, it’s changed a bit over the years.

I particularly like C19178, with 90016 and 47567, on the 20th October, 1993. That livery seemed to suit whatever it was applied to. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the Newcastle photo’s which are all full of interest and bring back some happy memories. What a great shot in C11964, of 156433, on a Newcastle to Girvan service, on the 1st June, 1989. It’s a well composed photo’, and makes good use of the blue sky and sunshine, with the 156 going about it’s business of carrying passengers without fuss.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the Blyth and Tyne photo’s. They are all of interest and show how varied the trains using the line were back in the days when the photo’s were taken. In  J9495, at Woodhorn, with Grant Lyon Eagre 0-4-0 diesel mechanical locomotive on a down ballast train in May,1988, the second wagon has what appears to be a man in it. I wonder what was going on?  The last photo’ at Lynemouth, in November, 1985, is most spectacular in a gritty way, but that is surely not a class 14? It looks as if it is possibly Barclay 2120208. I could be wrong.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Market65 said:

Hi, Dave. I like the Blyth and Tyne photo’s. They are all of interest and show how varied the trains using the line were back in the days when the photo’s were taken. In  J9495, at Woodhorn, with Grant Lyon Eagre 0-4-0 diesel mechanical locomotive on a down ballast train in May,1988, the second wagon has what appears to be a man in it. I wonder what was going on?  The last photo’ at Lynemouth, in November, 1985, is most spectacular in a gritty way, but that is surely not a class 14? It looks as if it is possibly Barclay 2120208. I could be wrong.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

Rob,

You are correct, it is a Barclay.

David

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the NYMR photo’s which bring back many happy memories. In C11930, at Goathland, with S15 841, on the 31st May, 1989, you can also see the NER snowplough. It’s good to know one was preserved.

The Bottesford photo’s are full of interest, and in the first one, with an unidentified class 31 on a Liverpool to Yarmouth train in May, 1987, you have a most interesting weathering effect on the locomotive.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

C11939 isn't ex Taff Vale Dave, it is No5 built for LH&J, IIRC builder Robert Stephenson.  The ex-taffy is at Haworth - cab was different.

Many thanks Neil, caption altered.

Important lesson still unlearnt - never add details to a caption without checking it first - one day I might remember.

David

Edited by DaveF
  • Thanks 1