Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the Tyne and Wear Metro System photo’s which are full

of interest. In C15596, at Backworth Junction with Metro 4050, on a St. James to Pelaw service on the 19th of February, 1991, it’s good to see how the service keeps going in cold and snowy weather when the roads often grind to a halt.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Firstly I like the Christmas card, and what a well chosen subject with that lovely N7.

The Harrogate photo’s are delightful, and as stated, most appropriate in view of the class 142’s being progressively withdrawn from service. Indeed, in J8920, with 142074, on a Leeds to Harrogate service in May, 1987, it’s interesting that particular unit has not yet been withdrawn.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
43 minutes ago, eastwestdivide said:

Nice selection of Pacers, and well-timed as with the Dec 2019 timetable change, many of the Northern ones are on their way to the scrapyard.

Make good greenhouses........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the ECML photo’s from Buston Barns, which are full of interest. In the first photo’, with 37190 on a down train of dolofines, on the 4th of April, 1989, you can see the ‘dust’ which was being created at the rear of the train. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Market65 said:

Hi, Dave. I like the ECML photo’s from Buston Barns, which are full of interest. In the first photo’, with 37190 on a down train of dolofines, on the 4th of April, 1989, you can see the ‘dust’ which was being created at the rear of the train. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

And which cost BR a lot in compensation for cleaning etc; apparently a lot of dust escaped at Berwick, covering, inter alia, a lady in a fur coat.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the Ulgham Lane crossing photo’s which are full of interest. In particular, I really like C15399, with 47489, on an up parcels train on the 13th of October, 1990. A well composed shot, and the 47 looks good in that livery. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, DaveF said:

1523760788_UlghamLanecrossing31271downpwtrain15thJune91C15933.jpg.56eed078050201b4941393b33cda36b6.jpg

Ulgham Lane crossing 31271 down p w train 15th June 91 C15933.jpg

Amazingly, over 28 years later, it still exists, and in the same livery. Tucked away at LLangollen....

IMG_2313.JPG.c45383cb47bf1454d304565f9623ccba.JPG

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, DaveF said:

I posted some photos here earlier this afternoon but the post has vanished.

I'll try again later.

Tried to like your post and got a 'timeout error' again. Site seems slow again and was the other day too....

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the Blyth and Tyne photo’s which are full of interest. I particularly like J9846, at Cambois, with large logo class 56, 56133, on Alcan empties, from Fort William to North Blyth, in March, 1989. It’s a fine three quarter portrait shot of the locomotive.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Davexoc said:

Tried to like your post and got a 'timeout error' again. Site seems slow again and was the other day too....

IME the site has been chronically slow, since the refresh. I've got a faster fibre connection and no other website takes as long to populate as RMweb does! When I click on my Favourites Bar icon it takes 10 seconds plus for anything to happen.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, 35A said:

IME the site has been chronically slow, since the refresh. I've got a faster fibre connection and no other website takes as long to populate as RMweb does! When I click on my Favourites Bar icon it takes 10 seconds plus for anything to happen.

Just run a speed check, and considering my pc is wired to the router (so in effect 100MBs) it still tells me 104.7MBs, so yes, the problem is at the host end..

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the comments about the site's speed of loading, but perhaps any more comments about the site should be in one of the threads about the site's performance.

David

• Agree 4