Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the Blyth and Tyne photo’s at Winning. All are full of interest and what a great photo’ of DR77318, on a down working on the 26th July, 1990, in C14573. It would make into a fascinating model - I don’t recall seeing one before.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Market65 said:

Hi, Dave. I like the Blyth and Tyne photo’s at Winning. All are full of interest and what a great photo’ of DR77318, on a down working on the 26th July, 1990, in C14573. It would make into a fascinating model - I don’t recall seeing one before.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

It's a Ballast Profiler:- here's a link to the latest type https://www.plasser.co.uk/en/machines-systems/ballast-distribution-and-profiling/usp-5000.html

• Thanks 2

Great photos at Winning, one of my favourite photo locations on the Blyth & Tyne.

Good to see 37515 with the Alcan hoppers. Today that section of the line is completely obscured by overgrown greenery.

Winning signal box is, of course, still intact and in use today.

Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the Winning photo’s which continue to be full of interest. In J8742, with 56127, on a train of empty stock to Butterwell, in January, 1987, you can see the excellent bracket signal very clearly. What a great model it would make.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Dave,

Superb images as ever. The recent pair of 31s on a Paignton - Liverpool at Bristol brought back many memories, as did the Ayr shots!  I visited the depot on a rail rover in my late teens, and was delighted a few years later when working for EWS to be told I was going for two days at Mossend on a site visits.  One of these was Ayr Harbour, and I remember asking the local manager taking me round, if we could call into Ayr Depot as I had some memories of the place .... only to discover it had been closed and I think demolished!

Thank god people took photographs when places like these were open!

Well done :) Happy New Year (belated) to you!

Rich

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Large logo grid heaven....

A livery that suited them even if the grey roof quickly turned black.

I remember 56036 being the first recipient.

More please, even if just for weathering reference.

Best regards,

Dave

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, sir douglas said:

"Captain Baxter" built by Fletcher Jennings

Many thanks, I really should have known that.

I've corrected the caption..

David

Edited by DaveF
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Regarding 47460, in C14035, try running at an exhibition with the handrail bent like that and see how many complain!

Kev.

(Fast approaching 100,000, Dave, well done indeed.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, sir douglas said:

"Captain Baxter" built by Fletcher Jennings

I was at Betchworth School 1953-9, and some of my classmates lived in the cottages by the lime works above the station. Fairly certain I saw Captain Baxter there, as well as on the Bluebell later. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the Bluebell Railway photo’s which are full of interest and nostalgia. In J6369, at Sheffield Park, with class H, number 263, in December, 1978, I just love seeing all that steam. 

The Carlisle photo’s are fascinating, and regarding the bent handrail on 47460, it seems that the cab front has taken a big knock for there appears to be a dent in the front of the cab, as well as the bent handrail, with some paint missing.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the Swayfield photo’s which are full of interest. I particularly like the first one of class 55, 9021, on the up Yorkshire Pullman, in October, 1971. It revives many happy memories.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

C5448. The HST seems to have an extra second class coach. I count 2 first, 1 catering, and 6 seconds.

I'm fairly certain there are only two first class coaches and 1 catering, and nothing looks like the executive saloon, which may not have existed at that time.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, dvdlcs said:

C5448. The HST seems to have an extra second class coach. I count 2 first, 1 catering, and 6 seconds.

I'm fairly certain there are only two first class coaches and 1 catering, and nothing looks like the executive saloon, which may not have existed at that time.

I thinkit is one of the early 9 coach sets, for some reason running the wrong way round..

David

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, dvdlcs said:

And it's in the 'slow lane' !

• Thanks 1