Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, Market65 said:

Good evening, David. I hope things were a bit better for you today. I hope you are not feeling pressured into posting photo’s each day. We can wait a while and see how things go with you and your family - you and your family come first.

I’ve enjoyed seeing the photo’s today, but please, only post photo’s when you feel you can.

Best regards,

Rob.

I usually a keep about 4 weeks of photos ready captioned and in sets of five or six so that all I need to do is sleect the image batch and add them.  

So it doesn't take too long each day (usually).

David

Edited by DaveF
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I do like the Carlisle photo’s which are all of interest. The first one is a most delightful portrait of 08808, as it was when photographed in April, 1987. And I agree that the weathering on that 100 ton bogie tank wagon, in the second photo’, is a great source of inspiration for weathering models.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, David. I like the excellent Blyth and Tyne photo’s, all of which are of interest. What a lovely portrait of 56112, at South Newsham, running light engine on the 22nd February, 1991, in C15611. And I like the seven car 101 DMU as it runs over the viaduct at Bebside, on the charter, ‘The Chevy Chase’ from Newcastle to the Blyth and Tyne etc, in April, 1986, in J8541.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

On 12/02/2020 at 15:08, DaveF said:

Back to Carlisle for today's photos, with a mix of diesels and electrics over the years.

1529277837_Carlisle08808April87J8803.jpg.586e31533a2f61747cd2b5ecbde095e5.jpg

Carlisle 08808 April 87 J8803

713549359_Carlisle37185downoiltanksApril87J8870.jpg.fa52e03d418f8069dc625bcb1ce0510f.jpg

Carlisle 37185 down oil tanks April 87 J8870

839740789_Carlisle85007downfreightApril87J8874.jpg.cb133cba4d20e3471a739e233fc2f0cb.jpg

Carlisle 85007 down freight 

The first two wagons are bogie 'Clay Tigers', destined for J H Russell at Mossend

David

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Oldddudders said:

I am interested that in the seven years between J8116 and C15611, the equipment cabinets in front of the box appear to have had a bit of a walkabout. 

I can't remember the date but the line to the south of South Newsham signal box was singled, I think between the dates of the photos, so I except the changes happened then.

Although I quite often use the road across the crossing I sadly don't always take as much notice as I should of changes which take place.

David

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, David. I like the excellent set of photo’s of the WCML in Cumbria. All are of interest, and the last photo’, at Clifton, with an unidentified class 86 on a down express on the 29th March, 1994, has me wondering if the last carriage is the Mkllf buffet car. It’s not often you come across photo’s of it in service.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
53 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

Interesting photos of Penrith station. Do any passenger trains use the "extra" platform in C18363?

Sadly I've not been there often enough to know that.

David

4 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

Interesting photos of Penrith station. Do any passenger trains use the "extra" platform in C18363?

The rear platform at Penrith P1 is used in emergencies but because of its length only certain trains can use it.

Regards Mark 

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Market65 said:

Good afternoon, David. I like the excellent set of photo’s of the WCML in Cumbria. All are of interest, and the last photo’, at Clifton, with an unidentified class 86 on a down express on the 29th March, 1994, has me wondering if the last carriage is the Mkllf buffet car. It’s not often you come across photo’s of it in service.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

I'd assume it's a Cross-Country service with as you say, a mk2f RFB on the back.

Formation would seem to be: BSO 5xTSO RFB (the 5th vehicle might be an FO, not sure if the cantrail colour is yellow or just due to light reflection. The RFB was usually the only 1st class coach)

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, DaveF said:

Newbiggin hall Cumbria Class 47 and Class 47 down freightliner March 81 C5285.jpg

Interesting, not only for the load, which appears to have several open containers with barrels and something else sheeted, but also a pair of class 47s which would require two crews due to not having multiple working capability. And the second one is definitely working as some of the Serck radiator shutters are open.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Davexoc said:

Interesting, not only for the load, which appears to have several open containers with barrels and something else sheeted, but also a pair of class 47s which would require two crews due to not having multiple working capability. And the second one is definitely working as some of the Serck radiator shutters are open.

Beer in those barrels I believe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, deltic17 said:

Beer in those barrels I believe

Defineatley looks like beer barrels, currently studying the labyrinth of freightliner containers and cargos shows they were quite a common cargo, need to figure out an easy way to model a load of them

James

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, jwealleans said:

C5285 - are those barrels on the 3rd wagon back?

They look like alluminium beer kegs, from which no self-respecting real ale drinker would ever partake. From their condition, I would hazard to guess that they are empty and brand new, being delivered to the customer no doubt 'north of the border'. Much keg beer and lager was brewed in Alloa, Edinburgh and elsewhere at that time. Younger's Tartan Bitter anyone?

Edited by Leander
Correct spelling mistake
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jessy1692 said:

Defineatley looks like beer barrels, currently studying the labyrinth of freightliner containers and cargos shows they were quite a common cargo, need to figure out an easy way to model a load of them

James

Have a look at https://www.modelscenerysupplies.co.uk/oo-scale-products/oo-gauge-kits/Aluminium-Beer-Kegs-OO-knightwing-B076-B76

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1