Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Premium

Suggestion removed regarding identification of cl.37 on previous page as correct ID appears below.

Edited by 03060
More info added.
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I wonder what the centre coach on the DM&EE unit in Darlington is?

It's body profile doesn't match either the 302 this end or the 305 at the other:

Darlington Class 305 and 302 ADB97764 977640 977639 DM&EE training outbase east  12th May 90 C14454.jpg

Linked to Dave's companion picture from Sept last year.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I'm not sure that that unit was actually operable,  it was used for training staff including me on overhead electrification safety and regulations 

Don't know why they thought the training had to be in an EMU as the vehicles played no part in the training purely a mobile classroom 

Great pictures 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, russ p said:

I'm not sure that that unit was actually operable,  it was used for training staff including me on overhead electrification safety and regulations 

Don't know why they thought the training had to be in an EMU as the vehicles played no part in the training purely a mobile classroom 

Great pictures 

Yep, I also had my training in the unit whilst the unit was at York.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

All

I may be wrong but after a bit of research it looks like 37263.

Sorry if I breached any copyright but I found this on Flickr

Jim

Edited by jcarta
  • Like 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the Darlington to Newcastle photo’s which are so nostalgic and all of interest. In C19139, at Croxdale, with a class 91 on an up Inter City express on the 16th October, 1993, you can see that the viaduct is a good solid design which has carried many trains over it over many decades. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, melmerby said:

I wonder what the centre coach on the DM&EE unit in Darlington is?

It's body profile doesn't match either the 302 this end or the 305 at the other

Think it's just shonky track or dodgy suspension, or both!

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Great bit of fence in J8603, just waiting to be modelled - and then told it shouldn't be like that.

Also, that is a great view of Durham and its viaduct. Needs a 2 mm model to do it justice - and a large space.

Thanks for all the photos.

Jonathan

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the Newcastle to Carlisle photo’s. They are most nostalgic and full of interest. In C8603, at Dilston, you have captured a view of a tamper, 960089, which is different from the more usual three quarter front view. It shows details which the more traditional photo’ cannot. The sunny weather on the 5th July, 1987, contributes to the scene too, and emphasises the yellow livery of the tamping machine.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, David. I like the photo’s to the north of Grantham, which are splendid, and show the ECML, in it’s glory, before electrification changed it completely. In J5652, at Honington Lane crossing, with an unidentified class 55 Deltic, on a Leeds to Kings Cross express in March, 1977, you have a glorious three quarter view of the train. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, David. I like the Scottish photo’s of places beginning with a K. All are of interest and in C11548, at Kingussie, on the 15th October, 1988, you have a great view of a lovely signalbox. The station buildings in the last photo’ are delightful, and look well designed and built to help them to withstand the worst of the Scottish weather.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Lovely station Kingussie.Had a return trip down the Highland main line from there to Blair Atholl to visit Blair Castle last September.This is a journey every railway buff should take and we took it in glorious autumn sunshine over the highest point on the UK rail network....Druimochter summit which is marked as such by the lineside board which dramatically proclaims it..No Black 5,no 37 or 47,no HST or Azuma but Scotrail 170 loaded to almost over capacity each way.

The charming station lady who sold us our tickets spoke with a lilting Norfolk accent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1