Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, corneliuslundie said:

Was the Pilkington charter an exhibition train?

Jonathan

It was a charter set.

Looked very garish at the time but positively conserve compared to the horrendous liveries of today 

• Thanks 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, David. I like the Ulgham Lane crossing photo’s which are all of interest. In J9676, with class 37, number 37049 on a down dolofines train, in September, 1988, you can see, clearly, just how much dust there was in the wake of the train. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

All of today's photos were taken at Bottesford, betwen Grantham and Nottingham.

Second edit, repeated for the second time - the original edit has vanished.  The photos are now lower down the page.

David

Edited by DaveF
  • Like 7

• RMweb Premium

I too can't see today's British photos, but thank you for the nice ones of Switzerland, so as a compensation here is my favourite Swiss photo, of the MOB just outside Zweissimmen. The two trains are on the same route and will shortly pass at a loop. Unfortunately I couldn't get a photo with a third train on the line in the foreground. And I only realised when I turned round that I was standing outside a military base. Probably not the best place to brandish a camera. Not brilliant quality i am afraid,

Jonathan

2014-03-01_22.JPG

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I too can only see the Swiss photo’s - it’s all big blank boxes where the Bottesford photo’s should be.

Of the Swiss photo’s, that very first one of Oberalppass, FO HGe4/4, 36, on an eastbound train, on the 28th July, 1992, C17109, is most delightful with stunning scenery. Thank you for posting it.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Having modelled Swiss / Austrian Railways many years ago, those pics bring back some great memories Dave, thanks very much.

Now who sells Roco? haha.

2 hours ago, mullie said:

The Swiss photos are superb, thanks for posting. A different daily fix!

Martyn

4 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

Can you get the system to triple post every day so you can put more of those interesting Swiss photos? 

For those who like my Swiss photos there are a lot more in my European photo thread, the link is in my Signature, below.

I will add more when I get time which is in short supply at the moment.

David

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• RMweb Gold

Well, David, it was worth waiting for those excellent photo’s of Bottesford, and in the first photo’, of a class 114 DMU on a Nottingham to Skegness service, in June, 1981, it appears the rear car, the DTCL, is in blue and grey, as opposed to the first car in plain blue. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DaveF said:

Another bonus Swiss photo.

335078784_BeinwilamSeeAe6611416northboundfreight2ndAug88C10065.jpg.12e912e0ccf41e7f5eb17b671a40ac87.jpg

Beinwil am See SBB Ae/66 11416 northbound freight 2nd Aug 88 C10065.jpg

Did you go in the flooring shop behind the loco?

Only joking!

Edited by andytrains
  • Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, David. I like the Midland Main Line photo’s which are full of interest and show good contrasting scenes. In the last photo’ at Loughborough, with 43105, leading an up HST, on the 10th June, 1989, the contrast between the HST and the factory buildings on the right is quite pronounced. Two completely different eras in one photo’.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Market65 said:

Good afternoon, David. I like the Midland Main Line photo’s which are full of interest and show good contrasting scenes. In the last photo’ at Loughborough, with 43105, leading an up HST, on the 10th June, 1989, the contrast between the HST and the factory buildings on the right is quite pronounced. Two completely different eras in one photo’.

The buildings, of course, being Brush Traction's Falcon Works. I'm curious as to what is happening in the background, on the slow lines. Would this have been around the time that the access into the Falcon Works was reconnected, to allow the class 60s to be delivered by rail, I wonder?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, David. I like the Newcastle photo’s which are all of interest. In the last photo’ of 37354, on an up cement empties train, on the 11th June, 1991, you can see how the loco number has been applied on the nose end.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1