Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Premium

That's a great detail for a depot layout - an ancient decrepit coach or loco that's been sat there for years. The track's at an angle, the buffer stop's skew-whiff and the bogie isn't even on the rails.

I'm sure most depots had a siding or two like that - Haymarket had one where various crocked locos sat. 40162 sat there for years, even losing is pony wheels at some point

Edited by keefer
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, keefer said:

That's a great detail for a depot layout - an ancient decrepit coach or loco that's been sat there for years. The track's at an angle, the buffer stop's skew-whiff and the bogie isn't even on the rails.

I'm sure most depots had a siding or two like that - Haymarket had one where various crocked locos sat. 40162 sat there for years, even losing is pony wheels at some point

557035464_40162HaymarketTMD310385.jpg.73b65f78603ee137e5fbd9a9ba4bb90f.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Market65 said:

all the doors have black and yellow chevrons except for the forth one from the left which, for some reason has the stripes horizontal.

The ones with chevrons open from side to side because of the overhead wires. The one with horizontal stripes is a roller shutter on an unwired road.

• Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the latest ECML in Northumberland photo’s which are all of interest. On enlarging C12139, you can see a different window arrangement in the TSL to that in a class 117 TCL. So after some extensive investigation, from the window and door arrangements in the TSL and the rear DMBS, and bearing in mind the coupling compatibility, the TSL and the DMBS can only be class 115 ‘Marylebone’ cars. Class 127 cars with a red triangle coupling code would not be able to couple in multiple. So the cars are, DMS, 116, TSL, 115, TS, 116, and DMBS, 115. I hope this is of some help to identify the formation of this tour train.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

I think C12139 is Class 116 vehicles only.

1 hour ago, Market65 said:

Good evening, David. I like the latest ECML in Northumberland photo’s which are all of interest. On enlarging C12139, you can see a different window arrangement in the TSL to that in a class 117 TCL. So after some extensive investigation, from the window and door arrangements in the TSL and the rear DMBS, and bearing in mind the coupling compatibility, the TSL and the DMBS can only be class 115 ‘Marylebone’ cars. Class 127 cars with a red triangle coupling code would not be able to couple in multiple. So the cars are, DMS, 116, TSL, 115, TS, 116, and DMBS, 115. I hope this is of some help to identify the formation of this tour train.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

Thanks again.

The curse of my dmu idenification skills strikes again.

David

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

2 hours ago, Market65 said:

Hi, Rob and Dave.

According to The Railcar Files, T419 was formed (between Jan 1988 and Oct 1989) of 51151 (Cl. 116)+59590 (Cl. 127)+59629 (Cl. 127)+51884 (Cl. 115). During Oct 1989 59590 was replaced by 59608. This was typical of the period when Tyseley inherited spare vehicles from around the system and lashed them together to form operational sets. The set was disbanded in 1992 with all the vehicles being reformed into other sets.

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium

The class 127 units were technically Blue Square for multiple working, but after a few incidents of hydraulic/mechanical combinations being driven incorrectly (causing damage to units) it was decided to change the 127s to Red Triangle, thus avoiding the problem. By that time they were about the only hydraulic units left, generally working amongst themselves on the Bedford-St. Pancras route.

When trailer cars were later used to strengthen the cl.116 fleet, they were able to work in multiple as they were Blue Square.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, David. I like the ECML in Northumberland photo’s which are all of interest. The auto bear modification in J10970 is something which I’ve not heard of before. Sadly it doesn’t say much about on the Railcar website. I think I’ll try looking it up in Google. 
In the first photo’, at Cramlington, with 56134, you have a great three quarter view of the 56. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the latest ECML in Northumberland photo’s, all of which are of interest. In J7116, at Longhoughton, with 254003, on an up express, going away from the camera, in August, 1980, you can see it is a two plus nine set. So good to such a set at that time. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

An interesting study of 37 065 in C9148. Not only has it had its headcode boxes removed and marker lights fitted in a non-standard position, under the horn cowls (rather than in mid-position, where the headcode boxes would have been) but, despite all of that work being carried out, the connecting doors in the nose-end have been left in situ. Makes a good subject for a unique model.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the Tyne Yard photo’s which are all of interest and help to show the sheer size of it. In C15944, with 37048, on an up train of bogie bolsters, on the 19th June, 1991, you can see how the different finishes to the buffers give it a quite unique appearance and it would look great on a model.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, DaveF said:

Tyne Yard 31276 nuclear flask departing for Carlisle line 17th July 90 C14566.jpg

I particularly liked this one. Nicely corroding Class 31 on nuclear flask with two versions of the RNA barriers. A good selection of engineers' wagons/trains and numerous brake vans in various livery variations. Then there are the skip carriers, and finally, a 16 tonner, just sat there off the road rotting away.

Regards,

Dave

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the Blyth and Tyne photo’s which all are of interest. In C19936, at Bebside, at the River Blyth viaduct, with Stanier class 5, 44767, on a Santa special - a Newcastle circular tour, on the 28th December, 1994, the train makes quite a spectacle as it crosses the viaduct.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1