Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, David. I like the Buston Barns photo’s which are all of interest. In C11523, with 43069, on an up express, on the 8th October, 1988, I’m seeing someone up against the fence, watching the train go by. I wonder who he/she was? And the field looks as if it may have recently have undergone the now outlawed practice of stubble burning.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Market65 said:

Good afternoon, David. I like the Buston Barns photo’s which are all of interest. In C11523, with 43069, on an up express, on the 8th October, 1988, I’m seeing someone up against the fence, watching the train go by. I wonder who he/she was? And the field looks as if it may have recently have undergone the now outlawed practice of stubble burning.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

The person by the fence is my Mum.  

At weekends I often took my parents out in my car, Dad and I took railway photos while Mum looked at flora and fauna  - as well as being  a mathmatician she is, like me, a biologist.  Sometimes Mum also took railway photos.

Stubble burning was indeed taking place then, but was becoming less common.

David

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, David. I like the latest Morpeth photo’s, all of which are of interest. In J9640, with 43075, leading a HST from London Kings Cross to Glasgow Queen Street, in August, 1988, you can see that the cover for the lights on the drivers side of 43075 has apparently been broken away for an unknown reason.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

Edited by Market65
To correct an error.
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Morpeth 47018 up p w Nov 86 J8731.jpg  The loco is in railfreight grey not an odd pinky green!

And the Farish by Bachmann version of that very loco in that livery hits the shops, well timed......

• Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, David. I like the Newcastle Central photo’s, and all are of interest. The last photo’, of a Mk4 DVT, leading an up express on the 3rd September, 1994, is a good view of such a DVT in it’s original livery. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

Edited by Market65
To insert a letter.
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, David. I like the Glasgow and South Western Railway photo’s which are all full of interest. In C14009, of Maybole, looking north, on the 18th February, 1990, you have a great view of a delightful footbridge. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, DaveF said:

Scotland today, in Glasgow and South Western Railway territory.

One photo even has a train in it

One has a train in it, but there are no cars, lorries or buses on the roads in any of them!

Very eerie...

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the Blyth and Tyne photo’s, all of which are of interest. In J8441, at Winning, with 37076, on a train of empty coal wagons in October, 1985, that is a great view from BR blue days and the 37 makes a typical sight at the head of that train.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good morning, David. I like the Severn Valley Railway photo’s, all of which are of interest. In the first one, at Bewdley, with  4MTT, BR standard tank, 80079, running light engine, in August, 1980, you can see how clean and shiny the engine was on that day - a splendid sight.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks so much for posting the photos from the Severn Valley Railway Dave. A happy reminder of when the shed at Bridgnorth was fairly open to visitors, provided common sense was exercised.  Friends and I always enjoyed a good look round on the Friday evenings prior to the early years Spring and Autumn Gala events.

Regards,

John

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

The first time I have noticed the extra destination blinds in the centre windows. Useful with the complex workings in some areas. Is this the only class to have had them?

And back on your B&T photos. I am sure a good book could be created from them. I have hardly seen any other photos of the area elsewhere, at least not identified as the Blyth & Tyne.

Jonathan

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, David. I like the Glasgow Central low level and Exhibition station photo’s all of which are of interest and show aspects which I think are not fully covered by other photographers. In C16713, at Glasgow Central low level, with 303073, on a service to Dalmuir, on the 29th February, 1992, you can see two lots of wires hanging down on the rear cab bulkhead. I wonder what it was in connection with - track circuit operating clips for use in an emergency?

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1