Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Premium
On 18/10/2020 at 01:35, St Enodoc said:

Almost certainly short formations, as the NE/SW sets normally didn't run south of Doncaster on the ECML. In J7661 I would guess that a TS is missing as the single TRUB would be correct. I think that C6162 is the same but harder to be sure from that angle.

The NE/SW sets had only one TF and these have two, so I agree not one of those.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, David. I like the ECML photo’s from Northumberland at Damdykes level crossing and Cramlington. All are of interest, and in the first photo’ at Damdykes, with 91006, on a down express, on the 29th December, 1992, you have a most atmospheric photo’, in the low December sunlight.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the Newcastle Central photo’s, and all are of interest. In the first photo’ of an unidentified class 31, on an up, permanent way train, in February, 1987, that is a great portrait of the 31, with some good light weathering effects. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, David. I like the Newcastle towards Middlesbrough photo’s from the Durham coast line. All are of interest, and in C18588, at Seaton Carew looking north on the 3rd June, 1993, that is a well captured bleak looking scene with cranes visible in the background.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

C19772 Drigg - should we know the chap in the jumper with the camera, on the left!

C19763 Harrington - what's with the bridge arrangement?

Edit: might have found an answer to the bridge on the old maps at NLS, poss a mineral railway going over, if that's Rose Hill bridge:

https://maps.nls.uk/view/121144916

Edited by eastwestdivide
map
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
49 minutes ago, eastwestdivide said:

C19772 Drigg - should we know the chap in the jumper with the camera, on the left!

C19763 Harrington - what's with the bridge arrangement?

Edit: might have found an answer to the bridge on the old maps at NLS, poss a mineral railway going over, if that's Rose Hill bridge:

https://maps.nls.uk/view/121144916

You have got the right location in Harrington.

As for the person at Drigg, you may know him he posts on here as irishswissernie and has a very extensive colleection of photos on flickr.

David

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the Cumbrian Coast line photo’s, all of which are of interest. In C19772, at Drigg, on the 24th August, 1994, that is quite an austere looking level crossing gate. Presumably some money would have been saved using such a type of gate.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, David. I like the Settle and Carlisle photo’s which are all of such interest. In C3736, at Ribblehead, with the sole surviving V2, 4771, on a special train from London to Carlisle, The Norfolkman, on Saturday, 25th March, 1978, you have captured a powerful side on view of the steam hauled train. It looks so magical as it passes along the line with mist covered mountains in the background. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, DaveF said:

Some odds and ends from the Settle and Carlisle today with photos taken at Ribblehead and Langwathby.

There is only 41 years betwen the first and last photo.

965541509_RibbleheadviaductDec67J1194.jpg.4903c8d8c6f92a40770782ccb76b202b.jpg

Ribblehead viaduct Dec 67 J1194.jpg

I do like the lighting on this one.

Adrian

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, David. I like the Sittingbourne and Kemsley Railway photo’s, all of which are of interest. In C4851, at Kemsley Down, with a standard gauge fireless locomotive in October, 1979, it is an interesting side view of the locomotive.

The Glasgow Central photo’s are full of interest and detail, and in C19318, with 318262, on a Glasgow to Ayr service on the 26th February, 1994, you have captured a great view of the buffer stop as well as the unit.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the ECML in Northumberland photo’s at Buston Barns. All are of interest, and shows various aspects of the mainline at that location at different times of the year. In C14551, with 43078, leading a HST on an up express, on the 16th June, 1990, you have a lovely late Spring view of the train as it passes by the green fields. It, of course, led to a very hot summer that year.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1