Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Premium

I've  noticed that sometimes when you press 'submit reply', it doesn't and you have to press it again.

The forum's  been a bit funny today too.

Glad it was just a glitch - we're so used to your usual posting time , I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking 'Dave hasn't posted today, I hope he's ok'! 

• Agree 6
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, David. I was a bit concerned about you yesterday, and thank goodness it was just something about that submit button. 
So yesterday’s photo’s are a great set showing Southside, and I particularly liked C12062, with blue liveried 37244, on a down coal train, on the14th June, 1989. 
Today’s photo’s of Plawsworth are excellent, and capture the location extremely well. In J9342, with a Plasser and Theurer 0732 tamper and liner, on a down workng, in October, 1987, that’s a great shot which captures the approaching tamper so well.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good morning, David. I like these extra photo’s of Ulgham Lane Crossing and Butterwell Junction from the 27th August, 2013. Three most interesting photo’s. In that first photo’, with 91114, Durham Cathedral, on a down express service, you have captured so well the special livery on the 91. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, eastwestdivide said:

DSC_1135 - looks like a nice gradient out of the coal facility?

I'm not sure of the actual gradient, but it was quite a short stretch, the loader was behind the trees on the right.

David

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, David. I like the Derbyshire photo’s which are all of interest. In the last photo’, at Peak Forest, with 37687, shunting, on the 24th August, 1990, you have captured a lovely portrait view of the 37 against the quarry background.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, lmsforever said:

The first shot in Belper reminded me of a really good pork butchers near there his pork pies  were fantastic he probably is not there noe.

There was also a good pub, the name of which escapes me completely, where we were thrown out of the public bar into the lounge because we were making too much noise and disturbing the darts players. The only time that happened to me - it was usually the other way round.

• Funny 3

C14200 - my first effort at a similar (straight-walled) cutting on one of my first layouts came out a bit like this - a shame that, at the time, I didn't know I could justify leaving the whole mess as it was... :)

Edited by talisman56
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

20 hours ago, lmsforever said:

The first shot in Belper reminded me of a really good pork butchers near there his pork pies  were fantastic he probably is not there noe.

You're probably recalling Jerry Howarth Pork Butchers at the bottom of King Street near the junction with the A6. Their Black Puddings are excellent (and award winning). Still there as far as I'm aware.

As for pubs, Belper remains still a 'well-pubbed' town, at least it was prior to the present 'situation', with a good variety of breweries' products available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the Essendine photo’s. All are of interest, and what a sight the 90 makes in C20269, on a down express of Mk4 stock, on the 10th June, 1995. And in the last photo’ of two two car class 158’s, on a Norwich to Liverpool service, on the same date, it seems some the hopper vents are open - the air conditioning must have not been working as well as it should. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ian Smeeton said:

Cracking photos, David.

What did astonish me, though, is that the pics have been up for more than 4 hours, and NO ONE has identified the Deltic, yet.

Come on, guys, you're slacking!!!

Regards

Ian

It's a Haymarket 'Deltic' - the nameplate style gives it away. It could be any of the four with two-line plates (9006, 9010, 9019 or 9021). All were in traffic in July 1972.

However, we know that Dave tended to photograph at weekends. It might be 9019, which was recorded as working the up "Yorkshire Pullman" (1A16) on Saturday 8th July.

:sarcastic:

• Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 2

I'm afraid I can't help with the Deltic. I did see the prototype at York many moons ago, overhearing some kids wondering "Why there is an American engine here?", their words, not mine.  Had to give them a bit of a history lesson. 

Thanks for your daily posts Dave.

• Thanks 1

J2968 at Essendine in July 72, from the formation, was the 09:25 from Leeds-KX. In addition to the 8 coaches seen, there should have been a 3 coach 08:50 Halifax portion on the end - TSO, CK, BSO.

C1004 - I presume on the same day and from the consist, was the Friday 09:05 Newcastle-KX the Tees-Type Pullman (only 4 Pullmans rather than 5 Mon-Thurs plus a 5th TSO - which you can just make out in the photo it is Mk2a to add to the usual 4 Mk2d TSOs). The Mk1 catering vehicle is Griddle Car RG E1102 which was used as a 1st class bar and 2nd class buffet.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the Winning photo’s of which all are of interest. In the first photo’, you have a dull and dirty looking 56115, on a train of coal wagons to Blyth power station, in April, 1985. The whole of the train would make an excellent weathering project. The last photo’ of the bracket signal, on the 6th July, 1987, is a most excellent one for details. Again it would be of much help for those making a model.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Excellent pictures David,  the station looked better when it was in open countryside. 

When did they complete the tramway circle?  I remember going in the 70s and the tramway was kind of a stand alone attraction whereas nowadays its kind of the center of the whole museum as you need to use it to move between exhibits 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, russ p said:

Excellent pictures David,  the station looked better when it was in open countryside. 

When did they complete the tramway circle?  I remember going in the 70s and the tramway was kind of a stand alone attraction whereas nowadays its kind of the center of the whole museum as you need to use it to move between exhibits 

Offhand I can't remember when the tramway became a full circuit but I'll have a look through my Beamish things when I get  time.

David

• Thanks 1