Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the Foxfield Railway photo’s which are all of interest. In the last one, at Dilhorne, the Hunslet, Wimblebury, in May, 1978, still has what appears to be a fireiron on it’s roof. Perhaps I’m wrong but that’s how it appears to my eyes.

The Northumberland photo’s, at Damdykes and Cramlington, are fascinating, and full of interest. In C19218, at Damdykes, with 47823 heading an up charter special, The Great Briton, on the 25th October, 1993, the third carriage looks very much like an RBR. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the photo’s from Great Ponton to Dry Doddington on the line to Newark. All are of interest, and in C5677, at Dry Doddington, with a class 254 HST on a down express in May, 1982, that is a very powerful view, as the HST approaches the camera head on.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, DaveF said:

1214796173_Newcastle47344downNSEstock25thAug90C15350.jpg.5732c0f359f1ada6a0f9feb80ea85cd6.jpg

Newcastle 47344 down    some coaches with NSE symbols  25th Aug 90 C15350.jpg

David

I was on that from York to Darlington. The front coach was a very rough-riding 90mph TSO - we went down the slow line from York to Northallerton. Can’t tell you what the train was. I only have my haulage list, my original notebook is in store.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the Newcastle photo’s which are all of interest. In C11960, with 47577 on a Liverpool to Newcastle service on the 1st June, 1989, you have captured a most excellent three quarter front view of the 47. It can be seen that some yellow paint has worn off the former headcode panel. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

C12083 (the courier coach) reminds me of the latter days of the Class 115s on the Chiltern line. My train in to Marylebone, for work, for several weeks, on a couple of occasions, was formed of a Class 47 and four Mark Is, rustled up at Old Oak Common. Usually!

On one occasion, there must have been a desperate shortage of spare stock at OOC. The train was formed, behind 47 484 "Isambard Kingdom Brunel", of a Class 108 DTS (with the glass-doored corridor connection nearest to the loco!), a courier coach, a Mark I TSO and a Mark I BSK - all vehicles open to the public. I eschewed the compartment in the courier coach, in favour of bouncing along the Metropolitan line at the corridor connection end of the Class 108, with a full view of the back cab of the Class 47, lurching from side to side. The most unusual assembly of stock that I've ever travelled in.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Serendipity 35A ?

See photo of Aylesbury signal box in 1988 - in the Prototype Discussions Signal Box thread.  Posted by SM32 yesterday- 47484's front is in view.  Pointing towards London on the up side in the main up platform at Aylesbury.  (Rather than the bay platform which may have gone by this time anyway - memory fails me).

Best regards

Matt W

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the ECML photo’s from around Longhirst in Northumberland. All are of interest and most nostalgic. What a great reminder of how class 56 hauled coal trains were in C19072, with 56107, on a down empty coal train, on the 26th August, 1993.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, D826 said:

Serendipity 35A ?

See photo of Aylesbury signal box in 1988 - in the Prototype Discussions Signal Box thread.  Posted by SM32 yesterday- 47484's front is in view.  Pointing towards London on the up side in the main up platform at Aylesbury.  (Rather than the bay platform which may have gone by this time anyway - memory fails me).

Thanks for that, Matt. I think that IKB is in the siding, alongside the bay. The bay was removed late 1990/early 1991 - I've photos as late as July 1990, when it was still in situ and in daily use. I wonder what IKB was doing there in 1988, as the loco-hauled substitutions were (as required) between November 1990 and June 1991, as the 115s started to fall apart?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Another great selection of your wonderful photos. You will have to really go some to make your 2021 collection better than you have shown us this year but I am sure everyone who looks in here every day will enjoy all that you show us. 

Many thanks for your hard work to keep us so superbly entertained and a very happy New Year to you, your family and friends. 

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David, and Happy New Year. I hope you will have a happy, healthy and prosperous new year. I look forward to a new year full of photo’s of railway interest which will, as always, be something to look forward to each day.
I like today’s final batch of photo’s, for 2020, of Scottish subjects. In particular I like C13961, of Dumfries, on the 16th February, 1990. It is a lovely shot of the buildings and canopies in the mid February sunshine.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year, good health and happiness. Hopefully, in 2021, we shall be able to recommence our hobbies in earnest. I actually didn't take a single railway photograph in 2020, being (effectively) shielding, as far as was practical - the first time that I haven't created a rail archive folder since the early 1970s!

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Reminds me of a visit with friends several years ago, a highly enjoyable venue of which I have happy memories.

Thank you Dave and I wish you and your loved ones a Happy New Year.

John

Edited by Brit70053
sign off
  • Thanks 1