Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Well, I’ve done some research into that crossing, which was known as Waterworks, and according to David Heys website, it was removed in 1974. Here’s the link to the page about York on that site, and you need to scroll about two thirds of the way down it.

https://davidheyscollection.com/pages/david-heys-steam-diesel-photo-collection-06-railway-centre-york

I hope this is of some  help regarding that crossing.

Best regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the latest Blyth and Tyne photo’s from Winning, Cambois and North Blyth. All are very interesting, and nostalgic. The first photo’ of Winning, with 56112, on an up light engine movement, in March, 1990, is a very well captured shot of the 56. In C7209, at Cambois, with 08886, on the 29th September, 1985, you have captured a superb view of the 08 complete with a BR standard 20 ton brake van. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

C7209 would be a great addition to the 'class 08 shunter prototype photos' thread, a great photo Dave.

Edited by 03060
Correction.
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the Carlisle photo’s all of which are of interest. In C15439, you have captured an excellent portrait shot of 86401, on a Glasgow to Brighton service, on the 24th October, 1990.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the ECML photo’s in Northumberland. All are of interest and the last one is most photogenic with the Oil Seed Rape, at Rock, with a class 43 leading an up HST on the 6th May, 1995.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

J9409 is 47654 named ‘Finsbury Park’

Thanks very much for pointing that out Andrew.

It was a simple typing error by me when copying Dad's notes.

David

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the Newcastle to Carlisle photo’s which are all of interest and very nostalgic. In C19889, to the East of Haltwhistle, with a class 142 on a  Newcastle to Carlisle service, on the 3rd December, 1994, you have captured a most excellent example of a ‘train in the landscape’. The last photo’, at Haltwhistle, with the Alston branch viaduct over the River Tyne, on the 29th March, 1994, shows what a nicely designed structure it was which fitted into the surrounding countryside so perfectly.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Fat Controller said:

J9291 is an empty limestone train from Redcar to Shap; this replaced the long-established service from Redmire. There was another daily service, conveying burnt lime, that ran from Shap to Lackenby.

Must be an additional topping up redmire limestone as redmire was still running then but this working can't have been too long as its only got a single 37. 

Redmire at this time was pairs of 20s

• Thanks 1

On 10/01/2021 at 17:36, Market65 said:

The WCML photo’s at Floriston level crossing, north of Kingmoor, are fascinating and show how things have changed. The last photo’ is a most impressive shot of 37716 and 37684 on a train of down empty HAA’s, on the 31st May, 1995.

Many things certainly have changed, but some remain the same ! 156434 is still, after 30 years based at Corkerhill, working services between Carlisle and Glasgow via Dumfries, among other routes. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the ECML, in Northumberland, at the site of Longhirst station. All are of interest, and in C13957, with 43101, leading an up HST on the 3rd February, 1990, you can see how out of sorts the front end looks with the cover for the emergency coupling in white instead of in warning yellow.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sir douglas said:

the narrow gauge loco is a Peckett and could be "Karen"? now at Gelerts Farm

https://www.festipedia.org.uk/wiki/Karen

The wagon it's sitting on is an interesting one as well; Flatrol ELL/WLL, an 80t capacity 'Warwell', intended to carry the 'Super Sherman' M6. The vehicle only made it to the test stage in the USA; The Flatrols found gainful employment as ingot-mould carriers, weight-distribution wagons for transformers and other, varied, tasks. The ingot-mould carriers lasted into the mid-1970s.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 4