Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the latest Newcastle to Carlisle line photo’s, all of which are of interest. In C19379, at Plenmeller, with a class 156, on a Stranraer to Newcastle service, on the 29th March, 1994, you have captured another delightful ‘train in the landscape’ photo’. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, David. I like the Yorkshire photo’s which are full of interest. In that first photo’ at Ackworth, with 56085, on an up freight train in September, 1990, you can also see how parched the grass was by then after a very hot and dry summer.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the latest Newcastle photo’s which all full of interest. In  C19800, with class 47, D1962, Captain Peter Manisty RN, on the 3rd September, 1994, you have captured a lovely portrait view of that 47.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the Swayfield photo’s, all of which are of interest. In J3757, with an unidentified class 47, on a down service, the 12.20 Kings Cross to Cleethorpes, in July, 1974, you can see how the restaurant cars are at the rear of the formation.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Did the Cleethorpes service split somewhere en-route? As Rob says, the dining cars are at the back, and there are two brake vehicles in the middle.

Edited by keefer
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, keefer said:

Did the Cleethorpes service split somewhere en-route? As Rob says, the dining cars are at the back, and there are two brake vehicles in the middle.

I don't think so.

I had a look on the Napier chronicles web site and only Cleethorpes is shown as a destination.

David

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Courtesy Robert Carroll's BR LH-stock group: https://brcoachingstock.groups.io/g/main

The formation of the train in the photo is basically as diagrammed except:

The brake coaches are marshalled with the vans outwards (instead of van-to-van),

The RUO/RB coaches should be marshalled RB/RUO (actually turned 180° so the RB has the Kitchen end facing South and the RUO has toilets North)

Screenshot_20210304-190719_Drive.jpg.4feb43693b7e4c2b621bb8aebdef6593.jpg

Presumably there was a lot of luggage (or parcels) on this train, though why two brake coaches were used, placed in the middle, I don't know. 

Edited by keefer
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, corneliuslundie said:

Grange over Sands is a very nice station, with a lot done to look after it in recent years. A pity it is obscured by a Pacer!

But keep them coming.

Jonathan

Indeed it is and here's a picture of mine from 2002 without the offending Pacer spoiling the view!

dsca1227.JPG.84fab13ed7e6171f13d835855e41a0e9.JPG

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the Cumbrian Coast line photo’s which are all of interest. In the last photo’, at Seascale, with 153361, on a Barrow to Carlisle service, on the 24th August, 1994, you have captured a most bleak, desolate scene which I think only locals would go to. A total difference to Grange over Sands in the first two photo’s.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Market65 said:

Good evening, David. I like the Cumbrian Coast line photo’s which are all of interest. In the last photo’, at Seascale, with 153361, on a Barrow to Carlisle service, on the 24th August, 1994, you have captured a most bleak, desolate scene which I think only locals would go to. A total difference to Grange over Sands in the first two photo’s.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

Seascale, like all of the Cumbrian coast can be a bit bleak on a rough grey day with a strong west wind - but by contrast the Northumberland coast can be really bleak - I went for a walk today to the harbour, by the time I got home I wished I hadn't bothered!

On a sunny summer day Seascale is very pleasant.

David

• Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, barrowroad said:

Has anyone got any photos of the ferry that crossed over to the Staithes at North Blyth. I'm interested as a remember crossing early in the morning for an official group visit to North Blyth Shed  in the early 1960s?

Robin

I do have some but they are copies I have been given by other photographers and I can't post them on here.

However, if you search for "Blyth Ferry Northumberland" using Google or similar you will find photos and details.

David

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the photo’s from around Blyth. All are of interest and in J11877, at Blyth Bates, branch, with 56127, on a coal train to the Bates loader, in April, 1991, the second wagon, from the camera, on the right, has some well distorted sides. I think if you tried doing that on a model no one would believe it.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

Edited by Market65
To correct a spelling error.
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway photo’s of which all are of interest. That’s a very nice portrait shot of Ravenglass, with Severn Lamb, ‘Shelagh of Eskdale’, on the 7th August, 1987, in C8765. The diesel provides quite a contrast to the steam locomotives.

The ECML in Northumberland photo’s are as interesting as always, and provide a most excellent insight into the main line as it passes through the county. In J13835, at Newham with a DVT and a class 91 on an up service, in April, 1993, you have a view which conveys the line passing through the countryside and the electric train provides a total contrast. If only scenes like that could be fully recaptured in model form. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1