Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the photo’s of the Metrolink trams at Altrincham, as photographed on the 9th March,1996. I’ve hardly seen any photo’s of that system, and, sadly, have never been on one of the trams. These photo’s are, therefore, doubly interesting. In the last two photo’s, you can see how the two masts are different next to the road bridge. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, russ p said:

Didn't  there were BR connections,  can't I they got much if any use

That was exactly my first thought. Nice to see the T68s at work. I've only got a handful of shots of them - although that's more than I've taken of the M5000s so far!  :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, eastwestdivide said:

C19937 - is that viaduct on the section they’re reopening to regular passenger services? One for the to-do list

Yes.

David

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the Blyth and Tyne photo’s. All are of interest, and in J13569, at South Newsham, with 56123, on an up coal train, in November, 1992, the 56 looks good for it’s three quarter portrait shot.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

Edited by Market65
To insert a couple of words.
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, Market65 said:

in J13569, at South Newsham, with 56123, on an up coal train, in November, 1992, the 56 looks good for it’s three quarter portrait shot.

Indeed it does - but what tedious names they bestow these days!

13 years before that pic, when I was SM at Dartford, I recall the 56 on the Northfleet coal empties would creep through the platform at the required 15 mph, and then the loco would open up. It was a joyous sound. 

Edited by Oldddudders
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

7 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

Indeed it does - but what tedious names they bestow these days!

These days? It's nearly 35 years since that loco was named (I took the spare, presentation, nameplate from Holbeck to Drax in the back of my office car - it just fitted).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

These days? It's nearly 35 years since that loco was named (I took the spare, presentation, nameplate from Holbeck to Drax in the back of my office car - it just fitted).

Oddly, I had to carry the spare nameplate for the Silverlink gronk 08874 'Catherine' from her parents' home to the cottage she and her boyfriend had rented. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the selection of photo’s of the Ffestiniog Railway. They are all of interest, and capture the Welsh scenery perfectly. In C4692, at Tan y Grisiau, with, in the distance, Hunslet, Linda, on a service to Porthmadog, on the 6th August, 1979, you have captured a beautiful view which shows how the railway is dwarfed by the hills and mountains it passes through. 
The ECML photo’s from Darlington and Newcastle are fascinating and show a more traditional railway from that which we have today. The last photo’, at Bensham, with 45135 on a down train on the 5th August, 1986, is a most excellent reminder of what has been long gone. I recall seeing that 45 at York on several occasions on the 80’s.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the photo’s of the ECML in Northumberland at Wooden Gates. It’s a most interesting selection and shows trains running on the ECML without fanfare or fuss. In J11657, with a class 37 and a class 47 on a down light engine movement, in October, 1990, you actually have a quite atmospheric scene with the trees, buildings and the level crossing. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I hope all went well at the dentist for you, only I’m at my dentist in the morning. So, the latest photo’s of the ECML in Northumberland at Longhirst and Ulgham Lane crossing are full of interest, and in J9381, at Longhirst, with 37507, on an up train of Alcan empties, from Fort Wiliam to North Blyth, in December, 1987, is a lovely side view of the 37 and shows some of the details which will be found on the forthcoming Accurascale 4mm model.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the photo’s of the ECML from between Granthand Retford. All are of interest, and the first photo’ at Dry Doddington, with a class 254 HST on an up express in February, 1981, shows that HST in a good slightly misty February sunshine, a very different scene from the high summer sun.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1