Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the latest Newcastle to Carlisle line photo’s. All are of interest, and in DSC_0264, at Melkridge, with a class 156, 156497, on a Newcastle to Carlisle service, on the 15th March, 2007, you can see how that Arriva livery quite suited those units. A pity non of the current models are available in it.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, The Lurker said:

There seem to be quite a few people there to photograph the train in C20932, more than I would have expected for a routine coal train. Was something different awaited? I scrolled down the photos half expecting something to appear!

When I got there I wondered why there were so many people, but it was just the usual procession of freight trains, nothing unusual.

It was school half term week, perhaps they were all teachers doing some train spotting!

David

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, David. I like the Milford Junction photo’s, all of which are of interest. What a state the oil tankers are in, in C20968, with 37716 hauling the down oil train, on the 29th May, 1996.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the photo’s from between Darlington and Newcastle. All are of interest, and the last photo’ of Low Fell, with 47564, on a train of Mk1 stock on an up special, on the 28th June, 1988, shows very clearly how the 47 is accelerating. The plume of exhaust is quite marked. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, Market65 said:

Good evening, David. I like the photo’s from between Darlington and Newcastle. All are of interest, and the last photo’ of Low Fell, with 47564, on a train of Mk1 stock on an up special, on the 28th June, 1988, shows very clearly how the 47 is accelerating. The plume of exhaust is quite marked.

Being blue smoke, it doesn't bode well. Burning oil, which is something Sulzer engines aren't as prone to as EE and Paxman.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks David, I enjoyed those very much, I've been to Victoria Station a few times but only since 2005, and the atmosphere then was almost lifeless compared to your wonderful pics above.

Thanks again for taking the time to share both the pics and the interesting story behind them.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the Crich photo’s, which are fascinating. The last one of Gateshead number 5, on the 7th April, 1990, shows what a particularly splendid tram that single decker is. That door nearest the camera looks just like a door from a typical house. ;)
The Manchester Victoria station photo’s are full of interest, and it’s great how you’ve posted both those earlier ones from 1967, in addition to those from 1989. In DImageN02, with Stanier class  5, number 44846, waiting as a banker, in October, 1967, you have captured a lovely three quarter shot of the engine as well as part of the station complete with a class 104 DMU alongside with a well loaded guards van. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DaveF said:

This afternoon we take a trip to Manchester Victoria, with the early photos from October 1967 and the later ones from 1989.

[...]

2090513259_ManchesterVictoriaClass5departingeastboundOct67DImageP05.jpg.b5384f8622a7197d8c2935f2c0051f13.jpg

Manchester Victoria Class 5 departing eastbound Oct 67 DImageP05.jpg

A photo worthy of Treacy or Gifford...

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, DaveF said:

The bonus photo:

1937442835_BlythNewshamPlesseyRoadlevelcrossing60095BiomasstoLynemouthPowerstation26thApril2021IMG_7812.jpg.5993bd6b605af7d198ed8732a3ae0047.jpg

Blyth  Newsham   Plessey Road level crossing 60095 down Biomass to Lynemouth Power station 26th April 2021 IMG_7812.jpg

David

6N86, 09:29, Tyne Coal Terminal - Lynemouth Power Stn (GBRF)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the Derbyshire photo’s, from around the Peak District, and today’s bonus photo’. They are all of much interest, and in JVol6105, at Millers Dale, with a new BR class 5, number 73009, on a Derby to Manchester Central service, in August, 1951, the new class 5 makes a great contrast to the signals, especially the leaning signal on the right. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

Edited by Market65
To insert two words.
  • Thanks 1