Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the Newcastle to Carlisle photo’s. All are of interest, and in J13677, at Fourstones, with a class 156, 156469, on a Carlisle to Middlesbrough service, in January, 1993, you can clearly see the addition of an overhead live wire warning sign on the gangway door. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

The Haltwhistle shot is a most unusual composition for a railway pic - and very successful. 

I agree. I was also wondering how long the diversion is since the road under the bridge appears to be closed by bollards.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, brushman47544 said:

I agree. I was also wondering how long the diversion is since the road under the bridge appears to be closed by bollards.

It's only a footpath now.

David

• Informative/Useful 2

Crich is a smashing place to spend a day at the work carried out by the volunteres is fantastic ,everyone is friendly  hope I will get there

So he needs Spain Burntisland looks brilliant and you can get kippers and fried Mars Bars ! 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the Scottish photo’s all of which are of interest. In the last photo’, at North Queensferry, with the Forth Bridge approach spans, on the 15th August, 1996, you have captured a most unusual view of them. It’s a view I don’t recall seeing before.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

J16283 shows how clean the waters of the Forth became eventually, through the '70s when I was growing up, they were murky brown with all kinds of floating 'debris'!

J16294 notice the 'Bayview Hotel' still painted on the roof, giving holiday makers a first glimpse of their accommodation for the week! (Think it's probably flats now). I don't know if this was a particularly Scottish thing, I'm sure I've seen it elsewhere up the East coast

Edited by keefer
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the pictures of the SD 150 at Shildon Dave (and for all the other pictures) - bit surprised not to see myself in any of them!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like all of the Shildon photo’s from the 24th August 1975, during the Stockton and Darlington 150 anniversary. They capture a small part of the remarkable event to commemorate the 150th anniversary, and what a sight in the first photo’ with all those locomotives. Just one thing, is that, upon enlarging the photo’, the D49 turns out to be the B1, 1306, Mayflower. You can see the nameplates on the side of the smokebox, along with no splashers. The last photo’, of Timothy Hackworth’s cottage is delightful, showing a peaceful scene. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, Market65 said:

Good evening, David. I like all of the Shildon photo’s from the 24th August 1975, during the Stockton and Darlington 150 anniversary. They capture a small part of the remarkable event to commemorate the 150th anniversary, and what a sight in the first photo’ with all those locomotives. Just one thing, is that, upon enlarging the photo’, the D49 turns out to be the B1, 1306, Mayflower. You can see the nameplates on the side of the smokebox, along with no splashers. The last photo’, of Timothy Hackworth’s cottage is delightful, showing a peaceful scene. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

I had a feeling it might be a B1 but was, as so often, in a rush.

David

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, 31A said:

Thanks for the pictures of the SD 150 at Shildon Dave (and for all the other pictures) - bit surprised not to see myself in any of them!

I thought that was you doing a jig in the first one...

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

The Swiss photos make a great change - the one of the loco on the viaduct is a superb image and reminds me of one I had in a long lost childhood book. It also makes me realise I want to know more about Swiss railways in general. 

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, David. I love those Switzerland photo’s which are enchanting and full of such exquisite scenery. In C17164, with the Landwasser viaduct, and Ge6/6ii, 707, on a St Moritz to Chur service, on the 29th July, 1992, you can see so clearly what a beautiful structure the viaduct is, and what an experience to come out of a tunnel straight onto the viaduct.

Please post more of these photo’s when you can.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

WOW David, Loved looking at the pics of the Swiss stuff.

It takes me back to the mid 80's when I modelled the Continental scene after getting fed up with noisy and light less British outline models from Lima and Hornby.

I mainly modelled the German Railways but the odd Crocodile and RE4/4 and others would creep into the scene for colour and variety. 

With your permission please, here is a couple of  photos of a Photograph I took back then.

IMG_7843.JPG.98cc7f1b5e5bed074deddaf560dc711f.JPG

IMG_8272.JPG.8c41cb574e85d139bf9a45c3ccdb9813.JPG

Thanks for some great memories David.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the latest Penrith photo’s, all of which are of interest. In J13737, with a class 86 on a Birmingham to Glasgow Central express, in March, 1993, on looking closely at the photo’, the 86 is actually 86426, rather than 86425. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the ECML in Northumberland photo’s, of which all are of interest. In C15788, with 43044, leading an up HST on the 11th April, 1991, you can see something white in the cab on the secondman’s side. It seems to be hanging down - maybe a makeshift sunvisor?

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, Market65 said:

Good evening, David. I like the ECML in Northumberland photo’s, of which all are of interest. In C15788, with 43044, leading an up HST on the 11th April, 1991, you can see something white in the cab on the secondman’s side. It seems to be hanging down - maybe a makeshift sunvisor?

With warmest regards,

Rob.

Zooming in the photo, it looks like it could also be the back of someone in the cab. Don't know if it is, just looks like it could be.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1