Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Market65 said:

Good evening, David. I like the Steamtown at Carnforth photo’s which are fascinating, and I wonder which Black 5 the frames were from in C8808, on the 8th August, 1987. In the last photo’ of the saloon ‘Loch Eil’, and GWR saloon, number 9400, on the same date, at this end of Loch Eil you can see, through the bottom end window, a plastic seat in orange which looks most out of place. Hopefully today it is better equipped than that.

The Tyne Yard photo’s are full of interest, and in C14562, with 47321, on a down dolofines train, on the 17th July, 1990, you can see the many different wagons and vans in the vast yard. I’m sure no one will have enough room, even in N gauge to make a scale model of it all.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

And Tyne wasn't a massive one , imagine how big a space you would need for Kingmoor or Tees

When I started building my layout I thought with 35ft I could possibly have a hump but ot a hope I'd wanted to run more than 5 wagon trains

Great pictures,  the ones in 82 show the yard still in full layout before the hump shut in 84.

Tyne was virtually identical to Healey Mills 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the latest Ulgham Lane crossing photo’s which are all full of interest. In C18274, with 37506, on a down train of pipes, on the 13th February, 1993, you can see that the 37 is accelerating with a good plume of exhaust showing.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, David. I like the photo’s of the bridges over the River Tyne at Newcastle. A fascinating set of photo’s, and the first one, of a Metro on the QE2 bridge, on the 18th February, 1991, is, as stated, well timed, and is a most unique view of the bridge which I’ve not seen before.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

David, I forgot to say, congratulations on 800 wonderful pages, full of inspiration and memories for many people.

THANKS.:good:

Thanks very much for the very kind comment Andy.

I hadn't noticed that we are on page 800 until I read your post!

David

• Like 5
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, avonside1563 said:

Hi Dave, It's Hudswell Clarke PLA class S102 in this photo.

Many thanks.  I've added the details to the caption.

David

Edited by DaveF

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, David. I like the latest Newcastle to Carlisle photo’s, all of which are of interest. In C20539, at Greenhead, with a class 156, on a Sunderland to Carlisle service on the 29th August, 1995, that’s a most excellent example of a ‘train in the landscape’ photo’, along with traffic on the adjacent road too. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the Tyne and Wear Metro photo’s, of which all are of interest. In C20810, at Tynemouth, with 4010 leading a Pelaw to St James service on the 16th March, 1996, you can see the decay and dereliction that was to be found there by 1996. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Market65 said:

Good evening, David. I like the Tyne and Wear Metro photo’s, of which all are of interest. In C20810, at Tynemouth, with 4010 leading a Pelaw to St James service on the 16th March, 1996, you can see the decay and dereliction that was to be found there by 1996. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

It is very different now, much improved.

David

4 minutes ago, DaveF said:

David

Beat me to it! We danced on the platform a few years back one Sunday morning (flea market and so on). As you say, it's much improved. The bay platforms were for excursion traffic from The Toon/ fish traffic, no?

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, DaveF said:

David

Evening David , great pictures 

Was it always a bit derelict after the metro took over. 

Many years ago since I went there but I don't recall the metro having any other platforms there

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, russ p said:

Evening David , great pictures 

Was it always a bit derelict after the metro took over. 

Many years ago since I went there but I don't recall the metro having any other platforms there

The Metro has never used the bay platforms but the site is now kept much tidier.  I don't have a particluarly recent photo handy just now.

David

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the latest York photo’s which are all of interest. In the first photo’, of class 47 number 1764, on a Newcastle to Liverpool service, in November, 1971, you can see the flurry of exhaust from the 47 as it power’s its train away from the station. Steam is leaking from several places from the Mk1 carriages.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the latest Blyth and Tyne photo’s. All are of interest, and in J7033, at Cambois, with the Blyth west staithes, in July, 1980, you have a photo’ which shows a good amount of detail which is always of help when building a model.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

West Blyth Staiths were redecked at some stage with timber replaced with concrete. There appears to have been a second pushing up road that was removed whe rebuilt! There was a team of joiners based in a cabin at the abutment where the yard met the staithes. The empty line was always timber decked and was fully replaced in 1984 during the pit strike.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2