Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Premium

Dave, thanks for putting these up here every day regardless of whatever else you're going through!  I hope your mother is able to make a good recovery, and please don't think you need to post the photos every day if things are difficult; much as we enjoy looking at them I'm sure everyone will understand if you can't.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Evening David 

Hope your mum gets well soon and as said above don't feel you have to post every day.

Your thread is always superb and probably the most updated personal thread you have done far more  updating than anyone on here,  take a break if your mam needs you 

And once again thanks for the superb thread 

• Like 1
  • Agree 7
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Your mum has been part of this thread as far back as I can recall, not least because she has an interest in the subject matter, more so than most ladies of any age. I hope she continues to improve and has many more years of comfortable living ahead of her. Her welfare is your priority. We only get one mum.

• Like 3
  • Agree 14
  • Thanks 1

Just to echo everyone else's thoughts. Very best wishes to your mum for a speedy recovery. As mentioned, above, she is very much a part of this thread, through her occasional appearances on camera.

Also, thoughts with you. It's not easy being a carer, as our own years pass by, too rapidly! It's the law of Sodde, of course, that everything goes wrong at the same time, to stress us out even further, at times of personal misfortune.

This thread, whilst a much valued daily reference to us, is the least of your priorities at the moment. We all understand if you should have to miss a day or two because of family commitments. Best wishes to you both.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

The computer problem was just a inconvenience. Your mother is the important bit. Just remember that you are not getting any younger, old age is something none of us can avoid. Take care of yourself as well, because you will do her no favours if you make yourself ill. We, your adoring fans, come a long way down the list lol.

The above is from personal experience in the family.

Ps. Still love the photos of the mundane and ordinary that have long since disappeared.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, DaveF said:

Radcliffe on Trent Oct 77 J5848.jpg  Bridge over the Trent at sunset

Cracking sunset there, and I don't mind where they were taken, appreciate my daily fix.....

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I’m glad your Mum is improving quickly and will need less carers from next week. You can certainly post those photo’s you have ready, the north east is always of interest to me. 
Today’s photo’s are excellent and show different aspects of Bottesford, and Radcliffe on Trent on the Grantham to Nottingham line. In C4995, of a class 114 unit on a Nottingham to Grantham service, at Radcliffe on Trent, in April, 1980, you can see two roof vents have gone missing from the DMBS. And that last photo’, as already stated, is truly superb of that sunset. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

Like the two different views of the 114.

You have before refurbishment with a single top light above the destination box and a two digit headcode box. After refurbishment it has two cab lights, no centre top light and no head code box.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, corneliuslundie said:

What livery is 47501? It looks like a precursor for the class 196 units (though not ugly like those).

Jonathan

It's meant to be red and black (RES colours) but the slide had a very odd colour cast which I didn't manage to get quite right.

David

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That’s a great selection of photo’s of Newcastle station. In C15472, with 156501, on the 26th June, 1990, the unit was certainly looking good in that livery, and also just look at the gap between the platform and the doors. I know the curves in Newcastle station have led to such gaps, and I cannot think of a solution.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, corneliuslundie said:

What livery is 47501? It looks like a precursor for the class 196 units (though not ugly like those).

Jonathan

It’s the pre-Rail Express Systems British Rail “Parcel Sector” livery as first applied to 47474 in about 1990.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

On 03/07/2021 at 18:02, mullie said:

I had to look up where Upstreet is.

The station was Grove Ferry and Upstreet when we used to go to Margate, the photos look almost as if taken from the ferry. Travelling that line from Ashford to Margate was always interesting; USA tanks and an old 4-4-0 at Ashford, some narrow gauge lines around the gravel pits at Sturry, Chislet Colliery, excursion traffic off other regions at Margate, first time I saw either maroon carriages or green dmus.

Thanks for reviving the memories.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That’s a most excellent selection of photo’s from Swayfield on the ECML. In J5716, with the now indentified class 47, 47404, on a Kings Cross to Leeds service, in June, 1977, it can be seen that the two first class carriages are a full first, either open or compartment, and a brake again either open or compartment. I wonder if there was a demand for extra luggage space on that train?

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That’s an excellent set of photo’s of the Midland Railway Trust at Butterley. Such lovely engines to be seen, and, as stated previously, in J6079, with Midland Railway number 158A, in May, 1978, it is a beautiful engine and in such an exquisite livery. I hope it is still so well cared for after all these years.

And that’s a most excellent selection of photo’s of the ECML from between Darlington and Durham. The last one is of one of the three car class 158’s, and I think the unit number is actually 158805, as it makes it’s way from Liverpool to Newcastle at Chester le Street, in October, 1992.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

5 hours ago, DaveF said:

I'm not sure what happened here - I pressed edit in my post above!

Edited by DaveF
This should not be here - I pressed edit and this apeared!!