Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, David. Those are a most excellent selection of photo’s of Carlisle. In J8871, with an 86 on a Cardiff to Glasgow Central service, in April, 1987, the number is 86402, rather than 86401.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Market65 said:

Good afternoon, David. Those are a most excellent selection of photo’s of Carlisle. In J8871, with an 86 on a Cardiff to Glasgow Central service, in April, 1987, the number is 86402, rather than 86401.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

Thanks Rob.

I really do try to proof read the captions....

David

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

With warmest regards,

Rob.

Similarly David, in C15418 the leading locomotive isn’t 86812, it’s 86412 “Elizabeth Garrett Anderson” (which later became 86612). I don’t think there were ever any locomotives numbered in the 868** range.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Western Aviator said:

Similarly David, in C15418 the leading locomotive isn’t 86812, it’s 86412 “Elizabeth Garrett Anderson” (which later became 86612). I don’t think there were ever any locomotives numbered in the 868** range.

My notes say 86412 so I've no idea why I typed 86812.

It must just be one of those days...

David

• Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That is a most excellent selection of Yorkshire photo’s. In C20953, at Milford sidings, with 59203, on an up coal train, on the 29th May, 1996, it is an excellently composed photo’, and is a reminder that class 59’s have reached Yorkshire, so a model of one is not put of place on a Yorkshire based layout.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, DaveF said:

64513724_Milfordsidings59203upcoal29thMay96C20953.jpg.c02ac3966ae71cfd79f85956f4cc2f96.jpg

Milford sidings 59203 up coal 29th May 96 C20953

I had a brief professional association with the National Power rail operations, so I'm biased, but I still think that's a super-looking train.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That’s a most excellent selection of photo’s of the Severn Valley Railway. In C3285, at Arley, of the  Victoria Bridge, with BR class 4MT, 80079, on a Bewdley to Bridgnorth service on the 11th April, 1977, you have captured a  most imposing view as the train crosses the bridge. 
The ECML in Northumberland at Cramlington and Damdykes crossing photo’s are delightful and capture those two locations perfectly. In J13031, at Cramlington, with 143613, on a Morpeth to Newcastle service in March, 1992, it can be seen that the 143 has the driver’s side marker light not lit. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That’s a most excellent selection of photo’s of Newcastle from 1988 to 1991. The last photo’ of 43068  leading an up HST on the 13th March, 1990 is most atmospheric in the low sun. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. Firstly, I hope your new fillings will settle down quickly and that you are not in pain. I had a new bridge fitted last Thursday.

That’s an excellent selection of photo’s of the ECML between Darlington and Newcastle. The last photo’, at Low Fell, with 47600, on an up light engine movement, in May, 1988, is a well composed photo’ of the lonely 47.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, David. That’s a most excellent selection of photo’s from Switzerland today. They capture the different locations so perfectly, and are all full of atmosphere. The last photo’ at Heiden, with RHB, Dzeh2/4, number 21, on the 2nd August, 1992, is a most delightful portrait of the locomotive. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That is an excellent selection of photo’sof the ECML at Buston Barns. In C15801, with 43096 leading an up HST on the 18th May, 1991, you have a most striking composition with the Oil Seed Rape in the foreground. Just a shame some of the paintwork has become worn and flaky on the front of the power car.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That is most excellent set of photo’s of the ECML in Northumberland. In C18386, at Shilbottle Junction, with a class 43, leading a HST on an up express on the 20th March, 1993, judging by the single TF it must surely be a NE-SW service where only one TF was used.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, keefer said:

C16623 - has an extra TF so would this be a Pullman working or maybe just a service which was known to have a higher proportion of 'business' passengers?

I don't know the working, but if it is any help it was probably taken between 11a.m. amd 1p.m.

David

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That is most excellent set of photo’s of the ECML in Northumberland. In C18386, at Shilbottle Junction, with a class 43, leading a HST on an up express on the 20th March, 1993, judging by the single TF it must surely be a NE-SW service where only one TF was used.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

Yes, it must be a NE to SW service.

I do have a few photos of short formed ECML services, but I am sure this is not one of them

David

Edited by DaveF

• RMweb Premium

With warmest regards,

Rob.

I was thinking that too Rob but the buffet car is a TRFB (3 big windows), whereas the NE-SW sets usually had a TRSB (4 big windows). I don't know if these sets ever got a TRB (TRSB upgraded to 1st Class seats but still with 4 windows.)

• Thanks 1