Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, David. That’s a most excellent set of photo’s of the ECML from Darlington to Newcastle. The first one at Bradbury, with a class 158, on a Newcastle to Liverpool Lime Street service, on the 31st May, 1996, shows that the secondman’s marker light does not appear to be lit, and the glazing over the lights on the drivers side seems to be a bit misted over. There’s no set number visible either.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Market65 said:

Good afternoon, David. That’s a most excellent set of photo’s of the ECML from Darlington to Newcastle. The first one at Bradbury, with a class 158, on a Newcastle to Liverpool Lime Street service, on the 31st May, 1996, shows that the secondman’s marker light does not appear to be lit, and the glazing over the lights on the drivers side seems to be a bit misted over. There’s no set number visible either.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

On 158s only one marker and one headlight are lit at a time

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, great central said:

On 158s only one marker and one headlight are lit at a time

Loooking through a load of images, it appears that 1587xx are that way, but alot of 1588xx appear to have both markers lit. Can't think why that might be....

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Davexoc said:

Loooking through a load of images, it appears that 1587xx are that way, but alot of 1588xx appear to have both markers lit. Can't think why that might be....

Are the 1588xx the high numbered series created by SWT? All of ours up to and including 158813 only have one marker lit, but I'd have to check on 158889 which is ex SWT.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
On 18/09/2021 at 02:23, great central said:

Are the 1588xx the high numbered series created by SWT? All of ours up to and including 158813 only have one marker lit, but I'd have to check on 158889 which is ex SWT.

158815 as shown. Appears to be alot of the Alphaline and Arriva liveried examples.

158815.JPG.a1b999787ab0851e082ce44422c99fdb.JPG

Edited by Davexoc
Photo restored
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

Excellent pictures David,  did green arrow do another train that day as I'm sure that was the date I went on a NELPG charter from Middlesbrough which went over woodhead but was hauled from York to dinting by the V2

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

C742 is interesting as it shows the connection from Branches Yard to the Scarborough line ("Waterworks Crossing") in a semi removed state.  I have carefully read the excellent and detailed North Eastern Railway Association publication "Signalling Centres in the North East: No. 1 York", but was unable to find a date for when that connection was removed.  Nowadays the course of it is blocked (to the left of this picture) by the extended Platforms 8 and 9.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, David. That’s a most interesting selection of photo’s of York. It’s always interesting to see such photo’s, and in J3685, you can see just how majestic the curved roof is of the 1877 station. Also, in that photo’, from May, 1974, the class 101 DMU, on a York to Leeds service, has the windows on the leading DMBS in unpainted metal, as many were, but the second coach, the DTCL has them painted over in blue. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, russ p said:

Excellent pictures David,  did green arrow do another train that day as I'm sure that was the date I went on a NELPG charter from Middlesbrough which went over woodhead but was hauled from York to dinting by the V2

Russ,

I can't find anything on the Six Bells website which lists most charters.

David

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Russ,

I can't find anything on the Six Bells website which lists most charters.

David

Thanks David, I was going to have a look on there

Have you got any pictures with South Bank coke ovens as they are sadly to be destroyed after midnight so could be a good theme for tomorrow 

Cheers 

Russ

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That is a magnificent selection of photo’s of the Strathspey Railway, from the 15th October, 1988. In C11555, at Boat of Garten, the Hunslet tank engine, number 60, Strathspey Railway, looks resplendent in the Autumn sun as it runs round it’s train. 
The Winwick Junction photo’s show much of interest, and in C20793, with 86217, on a down express on the 9th March, 1996, it’s intriguing to see a FO coach leading the formation. I wonder if it was either an ECS movement, or a charter?

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Fat Controller said:

20805 is the 150-derived Network Rail test unit, which was built as the last vehicle of the 150 build.

Evening Brian

I thought this at first but the departmental 150 has different door and window arrangements to the standard ones.

I think this is one of the strange liveried ones that existed in the run up to and privatisation 

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, russ p said:

Evening Brian

I thought this at first but the departmental 150 has different door and window arrangements to the standard ones.

I think this is one of the strange liveried ones that existed in the run up to and privatisation 

Is it the "Network Northwest" livery that was used in the Manchester area for a few years before privatisation?

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
43 minutes ago, russ p said:

Evening Brian

38 minutes ago, 31A said:

Is it the "Network Northwest" livery that was used in the Manchester area for a few years before privatisation?

It is the North West version of Regional Railways livery.

On a different subject, C20808 is definitely a class 87 propelling that train, first vehicle looks like a Mk3 catering coach, but why there at the back?

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1