Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Davexoc said:

Hello David, I was in Haltwhistle 3 weeks after you, as I got called to a factory on the old colliery site at Plenmellar, which was alongside the Alston line. I seem to recall that around that time EWS were running jumbo coal trains of 2x class 66 with 42 HTAs in tow. I don't suppose you ever got a shot of them anywhere along the line?

I did see one pass from my room at The Grey Bull one day, as I think they ran in the evening in the easterly direction, having to run the line in one go as there are no loops long enough to recess in. Can't remember now if it was before or after popping down The Black Bull for food and ale....

I don't think I have any photos of the 2x66 hauled coal trains.  

David

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, Rugd1022 said:

Shades of 'Get Carter' in the first photo Dave, very nice ;).

Absolutely stunning picture and 'real' colourlights no plastic LED rubbish. 

Can't see a six fingered man though Nidge!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That’s a stunning set of photo’s of Newcastle station. As stated, the first one is so stunning and atmospheric. Thank you for posting it. The second photo’, C8188, with a very grimy 43086, on an up empty coaching stock movement, for Newcastle to Kings Cross, on what was a bitter 17th January, 1987, captures, perfectly, how cold and icy it was back then. We had icicles on our windows indoors, despite having the heating on, it was so cold that month. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That is a most excellent selection of photo’s of the North Norfolk Railway from October, 1977. In C3588, at Sheringham, the GER J15, number 564, makes a fabulous sight in that GER grey livery. 
The Milford Junction photo’s, from the 29th May, 1996, have much of interest in them, but what a delightful sight 56090, on a down train of empties makes in the Loadhaul livery in the first photo’.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, DaveF said:

807590455_BottesfordClass47ParkestonQuaytoGlasgowTheEuropeanJune83J7983.jpg.4db966e3b275f495e628eb6efa101a24.jpg

Bottesford Class 47 Parkeston Quay to Glasgow The European June 83 J7983

226569738_RadcliffeonTrent47007ParkestonQuaytoManchesterMay75CMay75C2058.jpg.4616d56bd873e787167ece987152ec37.jpg

Radcliffe on Trent 47007 Parkeston Quay to Manchester May 75 C2058  Taken from the old goods yard, then informally used as a footpath.

What's going on David? You have identified the Class 47 we can't see, but not the one we can :-)

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. You have posted a delightful selection of photo’s of Bottesford and Radcliffe on Trent on the Grantham to Nottingham line. In C2058, at Radcliffe on Trent, with 47007, on a Parkeston Quay to Manchester service in  May, 1975, you can see how the end of that Mk1 SK has weathered, along with the bogies and underframe. Despite the weathering, you can see how, on the Commonwealth bogies, the verticle dampers still have some blue paint visible. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

What's going on David? You have identified the Class 47 we can't see, but not the one we can :-)

The first photo was Dad's, he rarely wrote down the loco number when he took a photo.  I've spent many hours trying to read loco numbers from slides and scans.

The second one is mine, I usually made a note of the number.  You'd be surprised how often I am asked which loco hauled a train in a photo with the loco not visible - some people like to try to work out the exact date by knowing the loco number.

Davdid

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, David. That’s a most excellent selection of photo’s of Buston Barns which you have posted. The last photo’ of Permaquip, number HCT  010, in February, 1993, is a good view of something which you don’t see too often. It would make a fascinating model.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That’s a great selection of photo’s of Morpeth. In J8732, with 43109, at the front of a Kings Cross to Edinburgh  service in November, 1986, you can see how the shiny power car stands out against the surrounding gloom and cloud - perhaps it’s in part the livery or that it looks recently repainted.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That’s a superb selection of photo’s of the Newcastle to Carlisle line, which you have posted, from between between Prudhoe and Hexham. In C11864, at Stocksfield, with 143001, on a Hexham to Sunderland service on the 15th April, 1989, you can see what appears to be what must have been a bump or a scrape on the secondman’s side of the lower cab front. Paint is certainly missing.

With warmest regards,

Rob.