Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That is a most impressive set of photo’s from between Newcastle and Hartlepool. In J13923, at Hartlepool, with 142019, on a Middlesbrough to Hexham service, in June, 1993, it’s very much a case of the relatively new Pacer contrasting with the old station surroundings and roof. Then in the last photo’ that’s a delightful portrait of your parents.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That’s a great selection of photo’s of the ECML from Clifton level crossing and around Cramlington. In C20715, at Cramlington, with a MklV DVT leading an up express on the 27th December, 1995, you can see how anyone stood on either platform would get a good covering of snow from the passing train. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, . That’s a most impressive set of photo’s of the ECML in Northumberland at Wooden Gates. In C20735, with 91018 heading a down express on the 13th January, 1996, you can see how the low sunlight has made the MklV carriages seem to be tilting more than usual. A most interesting effect.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, corneliuslundie said:

Is that a Mark 1 vehicle in C16666? And four years later a Mark 5., with lots of Mark3s before and after

Jonathan

Looks like several, must be from the Special Trains pool? However, they seem to be mainly second-class stock, as opposed to the white-roofed FOs and RBRs that are a bit more famous.

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, corneliuslundie said:

Is that a Mark 1 vehicle in C16666? And four years later a Mark 5., with lots of Mark3s before and after

Jonathan

As keefer says they are Mk1s in C16666. I think you mis typed Mk5, they are Mk4 with the Class 91 in C20735

1 hour ago, keefer said:

Looks like several, must be from the Special Trains pool? However, they seem to be mainly second-class stock, as opposed to the white-roofed FOs and RBRs that are a bit more famous.

I've had a look at the Six Bells Junction website and there is no mention of a train on 3rd January 1992, so I've no idea what the working was - unless it was an ecs move.

David

Edited by DaveF
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. What an impressive set of photo’s of the WCML including some of Shap, from the 31st July, 2004. The first photo’ at Greenholme, with a class 57, hauling a dead class 90, on a down express passenger service, is a sight which I’ve not seen too often in photo’s, so thank you for posting it.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, The Pilotman said:

Nice shots today, David. Did you know the Royal Train was coming or was it a Brucie Bonus?

29 minutes ago, eastwestdivide said:

Were you expecting the Royal train?

(In Monty Python voice) Nobody expects the Royal Train! 

26 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

Except those privileged to receive the special traffic notices.

Pure chance.  I'd been out taking photos with a friend, we were just about to pack up and drive home so we nearly missed it.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That’s an excellent set of photo’s of Crawford, on the WCML, in Scotland, on the 31st August, 2007. That tree covered hill certainly dominates the scene. The first photo’ is a good view of an up Freightliner train hauled by two 86’s. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Bravo for highlighting the plight of the households still awaiting re-connection. I have been aware of the issue because the BBC News webpage has mentioned it every day. Scandalous. Reminds me of Railtrack - sit back and let the money roll in, but don't invest in unnecessary resilience. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • Thanks 1

If it were home counties there'd have been minsterial visits and quick repairs.

Reminds me of the Thames valley floods....ministers on site. Householders in the Humber and South Yorkshire region still not back in their homes 18 months later.

Plus ca change.

• Agree 4

• RMweb Premium

Just heard a Lady from Chester - Le - Street, which community cannot be classed as the 'Back of beyond', almost in tears at the news that electric company engineers have appeared on her street after 9 days without power. This was a live interview on Radio 4 Broadcasting House. She was also of the view that had she experienced this situation in 'leafy Surrey' the Army would have been deployed on day 3 at the latest.

Regards,

John

• Like 2
  • Agree 1