Really?    :yahoo_mini::nono::D

Ooops!

I had checked the caption, honest.

Now corrected.

David

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the ex GNR Grantham to Nottingham line around Radcliffe on Trent photo’s. All are of interest, and in J6828, at Rectory Junction, the rebuilding of the bridge, over the River Trent was looking very good indeed, in April, 1980. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

C18115 - I don't recognise the last parcel coach, is it a BSK with several blanked out windows or a bullion van (of which I have a vague recollection of ?) .....any ideas anybody, please ??

Regards,

Ian.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, 03060 said:

C18115 - I don't recognise the last parcel coach, is it a BSK with several blanked out windows or a bullion van (of which I have a vague recollection of ?) .....any ideas anybody, please ??

Regards,

Ian.

I'd suggest it was one of the Courier Van conversions; from what I remember of seeing the Bullion Vans at TCFD, there wasn't any evidence of blanked out windows.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the ECML photo’s going north from between Darlington and Newcastle. All are of interest, and in the last one at Low Fell, with large logo 47424, on a train from Liverpool to Newcastle, on the 28th June, 1988, you can see how smart the TransPennine livery was on the carriages. Indeed it was basically the ScotRail livery but with the TransPennine branding. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, David. I like the latest Ulgham Lane crossing photo’s all of which are of interest. In J8512, with a HST on an up express in January, 1986, it’s interesting to see what was one of the ER’s reclassified TRUK’s to TRFK. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
41 minutes ago, JeffP said:

Isn't C17963 s down train, not up?

No, it really is up as it is going away from me (you can see the red lights on the loco) heading south on the nearest track.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Market65 said:

Good afternoon, David. I like the latest Ulgham Lane crossing photo’s all of which are of interest. In J8512, with a HST on an up express in January, 1986, it’s interesting to see what was one of the ER’s reclassified TRUK’s to TRFK. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

I was going to suggest that that leading TRFK (if that was still the correct designation) was the coach that could be hired for meetings etc. and be added to a standard HST formation, although I can’t remember when it was used in that way. I don’t remember ever seeing a standard restaurant in that position rather than the normal place between 1st and Std class.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, brushman47544, that was my first thought too, as the one off TLUK,  but I thought I had better check it out just to be on the safe side. So, having found a photo’, on Flickr, which is copyrighted, and I cannot post it on here, it is shown in Executive livery in the summer of 1984, therefore the Mklll in David’s photo’ could not be the Executive saloon. Then I found out the information about the remaining ER TRUK’s being reclassified TRFK. So it just had to be one of those two. It’s most interesting going into carriage history like that, and is time well spent. ;) 

Best regards,

Rob.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

I think this came up before - is it not some kind of Pullman service which had a TRFK for those passengers and a TRFB for the rest of the train?

The TLUK had 'InterCity Executive Saloon' branding whereas this coach has the normal 'Restaurant 125' 

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, keefer said:

I think this came up before - is it not some kind of Pullman service which had a TRFK for those passengers and a TRFB for the rest of the train?

The TLUK had 'InterCity Executive Saloon' branding whereas this coach has the normal 'Restaurant 125' 

I put in a WASP suggestion (before it became OWL) to name the TLUK "George Mortimer Pullman" but it fell on deaf ears.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

This thread has the other pic that was discussed, I don't think it was solved definitively then but I do recall a suggestion (in another thread?) that it was a Pullman working.

PC-TRFK-TF-TRFB-4TS-TGS-PC

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the Stocksfield, on the Newcastle to Carlisle line, photo’s. All are of interest, and in C19997, of ‘Skipper’, 142025, on a Hexham to Newcastle service, on the 21st February, 1995, it is noticeable how weathered the cab end is. Hopefully it would have been cleaned at the end of that day.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the Blyth and Tyne photo’s, going north towards Bedlington, all of which are of interest. In J6976, at South Newsham, with a class 37 on a tracklaying train, in June, 1980, you can see how many of the sleeper ends of the old track panels have been cut to length. I can only guess that that was because those track panels were part of some point work with longer than standard length sleepers.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Like 1