Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the Glasgow Central photo’s, and all are of interest. In  C19319, with a couple of class 156’s, and a class 86 on the right, on the 26th February, 1994, you have a good view of the expanse of trackwork which has had a sprinkling of snow earlier on and is now thawing out. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Market65 said:

Good evening, David. I like the Glasgow Central photo’s, and all are of interest. In  C19319, with a couple of class 156’s, and a class 86 on the right, on the 26th February, 1994, you have a good view of the expanse of trackwork which has had a sprinkling of snow earlier on and is now thawing out. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

Looks like Dave’s captured the Motorail unloading vehicle in that shot too, YXA 96453 perhaps?

Edited by Western Aviator
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Market65 said:

With warmest regards,

Rob.

9 hours ago, Western Aviator said:

Looks like Dave’s captured the Motorail unloading vehicle in that shot too, YXA 96453 perhaps?

I've looked at that photo many times over the last 26 years since I took it and never noticed the Motorail unloading vehicle. 

I think I just saw what i expected to see and never really studied the details.

So mant thanks to Western Aviator for spotting it and pointing it out.

David

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the latest York photo’s which are all full of interest and nostalgia. In the last photo’, with 144011, and a Harrogate to York class 104 beyond it, on the 26th June, 1988, the 104 is actually a hybrid unit of class 110 driving cars, with a class 101TBSL in between them. As always the cab end windows and four character headcode box, and raised beading around the side windows are some of the identifying features between the 104’s and 110’s.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
58 minutes ago, Market65 said:

Good evening, David. I like the latest York photo’s which are all full of interest and nostalgia. In the last photo’, with 144011, and a Harrogate to York class 104 beyond it, on the 26th June, 1988, the 104 is actually a hybrid unit of class 110 driving cars, with a class 101TBSL in between them. As always the cab end windows and four character headcode box, and raised beading around the side windows are some of the identifying features between the 104’s and 110’s.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

Rob,

Many thanks for identifying the dmu in the final photo.  I've altered the caption.

You would think I'd recognise them after all this time.....

David

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the Talyllyn Railway photo’s all of which are of interest. In C4792, at Tywyn Wharf, that is a most excellent portrait photo’ of Kerr Stuart, number 4, Edward Thomas, on the 10th August, 1979. 
The Scottish photo’s show much of interest and the last two which are of the Forth Bridge are delightful, whilst C11531, at Pitlochry, on the 15th October, 1988, shows how lovely those station buildings are. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the photo’s from the northern end of the Settle and Carlisle line. All are of interest and a good mixture. In NDSC_4282, at Armathwaite, you have a photo’ of 158842 before it received the Northern purple and blue livery, as the second 158 can be seen in, on a Leeds to Carlisle service, on the 30th April, 2008. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the Northumberland photo’s from Damdykes and Cramlington, all of which are of interest. In C19289, at Damdykes, with 56108 on an up coal train on the 21st February, 1994, you have captured a very cold and snowy view. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the latest photo’s from the Newcastle to Carlisle line, of which all are of interest. In J8238, at West Wylam, with the preserved class 9F, 92220, Evening Star, on a special 150th anniversary train from Newcastle to Hexham, in March, 1985, it’s interesting to see a rare photo’ of a 9f running tender first. Also, I’ve noticed a woman too, and I’m wondering if it’s your Mother?

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Market65 said:

Good evening, David. I like the latest photo’s from the Newcastle to Carlisle line, of which all are of interest. In J8238, at West Wylam, with the preserved class 9F, 92220, Evening Star, on a special 150th anniversary train from Newcastle to Hexham, in March, 1985, it’s interesting to see a rare photo’ of a 9f running tender first. Also, I’ve noticed a woman too, and I’m wondering if it’s your Mother?

With warmest regards,

Rob.

Yes, it is Mum.   She always went out with Dad and very often took her own railway photos as she likes trains.

She can't get out much these days as she uses a wheelchair outdoors but still likes to stop to watch trains when I do take her for a ride in the car

David

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, David. I like the photo’s of the north end of Tyne Yard, which are all of interest. The last photo’ of 60038, on an empty limestone working to Shap, on the 10th August, 1995, shows the Loadhaul livery well on the locomotive, and strengthens my belief that Loadhaul was a most excellent livery.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the ECML in Northumberland photo’s, all of which are of interest. In J9487, at Longhirst, with 37510, on an  up cement train in May, 1988, that is superb photo’ of the 37 hauled train. I can’t wait to have a go at replicating it with the forthcoming Accurascale model.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, David. I like the Peterborough to Grantham photo’s, all of which are of interest. The last one, at High Dyke, with a class 254, HST, on a down express, in February, 1983, shows a typical snowy scene, and it’s one which I cannot recall. I don’t know why.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1