Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. You have posted a lovely selection of photo’s of Winning on the Blyth and Tyne. In C8634, with 56130 on a light engine movement to Bedlington, on the 6th July, 1987, you have a delightful portrait shot of the engine. 
The last photo’ is most interesting with that brake van. I wonder why it was in the formation?

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Great photos David, but there is also something quite sad about seeing old railway tracks going back to nature.

I'm sure environmentalist would say the opposite of course.

I agree, but I think that the Rothbury branch can never have been very profitable as it runs through very sparsely populated countryside.

David

• Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That’s a most excellent selection of photo’s from Chappel and Wakes Colne, at the East Anglian Railway Museum. In C4486, what a fascinating little locomotive the Metrovick electric is, from May, 1979. It certainly would make a charming model.

The Essex and Suffolk photo’s are a delight, and how atmospheric it is in C3555, at Manningtree, with 31125 and S15, 841, Greene King, on the charter train to Dinting and return in October, 1977. Can anyone recreate all that steam, smoke and mist on a model? I cannot.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That’s a delightful selection of photo’s of the ECML north of Morpeth at Longhirst. In C16589, with 91023 on a down  service on the 12th October, 1991, you have a typical Autumn scene with slightly misty weather. 

I enjoyed the video, and didn’t know you could have such good smoke effects on a model, ;), jwealleans. 

With warmest regards,

Rob. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

J7299 - the cl.40 should be identifiable, one of the ScR's 40060-066 which had their nose doors sealed and a headcode box fitted instead. They all had slight differences, but IIRC the yellow headcode panel was unique.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That’s a great selection of photo’s of Morpeth today. They show how things were back in the 1980’s and in J9004, with an unidentified class 37 on an up freight train, in July, 1987, that’s a expertly composed shot of the train. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

J9004. I think that’s 37100. Wasn’t it the only 37 at that time with headcode boxes removed at the No2 end?

Many thanks for the loco identification.

David

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That’s an excellent selection of photo’s of the Newcastle to Carlisle line. In C11500, at Fourstones, with the legendary A4, 4468, Mallard, on a York, Newcastle, Carlisle, and back to York special train on the 27th August, 1988, the record breaking engine looks magnificent even in that going away shot.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1