Swad Lane.

Andrew P

Looking forward to this Andy, always in the market to learn a thing or two, me....

Hi Pete, as for learning thing's, well that's why I come on here, its the best source of Model Railway information you can get, if you google a question, 9 times out of 10 it will direct you to an R M Web page for the answer.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

Well I hope you won't be tearing out the scenic items and turning it into a tracks only layout........ :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

Come on Jaz, you know me too well, would I do that, mind you with just 3 more points...........................NO NO NO

• Like 2

Dear Mr Peters

I am pleased to have received a report from Lieutenant Poshname hyphen La de Da who sent Corporal whatever his name was on a recce mission to your latest venture. It seems that the Sergeant Major will at long last be able to send my soldiers on leave after all. Corporal whatever his name was did raise concerns that should it be raining he did not think there was enough accommodation for 200 recruits to fit in the shelter.

I will of a matter of course send Sergeant Shoutalot to the station to supervise the loading of the train.

Yours

Lt Colonel La de Da hyphen Poshname

Rough Engineering Made Easy

Give them PINK umbrellas.

Hi Andy,

Off and running at full speed it seems. You can tell its a modern image layout as there is not a spot of oil on the depot floor! A sure fire sacking offence in today's Health & Safety culture. I do remember slipping outside the cab door of a Peak at Toton on some engine oil, couldn't say much, we had spilled it from a cylinder head we were dragging through the cab as opposed to removing the roof as we should have done! COME ON DIRTY IT UP A BIT!!!!!!

• Like 1

Hi Andy,

Off and running at full speed it seems. You can tell its a modern image layout as there is not a spot of oil on the depot floor! A sure fire sacking offence in today's Health & Safety culture. I do remember slipping outside the cab door of a Peak at Toton on some engine oil, couldn't say much, we had spilled it from a cylinder head we were dragging through the cab as opposed to removing the roof as we should have done! COME ON DIRTY IT UP A BIT!!!!!!

Oh, O.K. then Mike, just a little especially for you. hahaha.

• RMweb Premium

Give them PINK umbrellas.

Dear Mr Peters

Thank you for your reply but I do not believe you are taking this seriously. To start with the quartermaster, god awful man came up through the ranks, informs me that he has no pink umbrellas in his stores. In fact no umbrellas at all. He then went on about my men being namby pambies not like when he was a junior soldier.

Mind you I am concerned at the latest drill Sergeant Shoutalot has had the men practice.

Yours

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25Qhbdijv5Y

Dear Mr Peters

Thank you for your reply but I do not believe you are taking this seriously. To start with the quartermaster, god awful man came up through the ranks, informs me that he has no pink umbrellas in his stores. In fact no umbrellas at all. He then went on about my men being namby pambies not like when he was a junior soldier.

Mind you I am concerned at the latest drill Sergeant Shoutalot has had the men practice.

Yours

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25Qhbdijv5Y

Are they Men or Mice, if its Mice I'll get a Cattle Truck on order.  hhahaaa

• Like 1

Hello Bodgit,   Just like to thank you and Mike for coming up to stockport to sort out my little problem with the electrics, just wish you hadn't bought that sound 08 up with you, l just had to buy it from you, (nicely weathered by you too) problem is its really is a great addition to 'A' and now l am really thinking of adding sound to all my stock ? you should have left it at home ??

Thanks again  George  :sungum: 

Hello Bodgit,   Just like to thank you and Mike for coming up to stockport to sort out my little problem with the electrics, just wish you hadn't bought that sound 08 up with you, l just had to buy it from you, (nicely weathered by you too) problem is its really is a great addition to 'A' and now l am really thinking of adding sound to all my stock ? you should have left it at home ??

Thanks again  George  :sungum: 

Ha Ha George, I knew it had your name on it when I put it in my box, hhaaaaahaaa.

Thanks for the two Vi Trains 37's they will work well on SL.

Mike and I had a good journey home, I will post on A in a mo.

Cheers mate and thanks for a BIG BREAKFAST.

BTW love that Green 33 of yours, now let me have a re plan NO NO NO.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Andy, the biggest compliment I can pay SL is to say that it looks just like one of YOUR layouts.

This should be a good base for you to play with and I'm sure we'll all enjoy watching what you come up with.

Are you leaving it as insulfrog or changing the turnouts? Sorry if I missed that bit! (Probably through thinking about Julia!)

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman
  • Like 2

Andy, the biggest compliment I can pay SL is to say that it looks just like one of YOUR layouts.

This should be a good base for you to play with and I'm sure we'll all enjoy watching what you come up with.

Are you leaving it as insulfrog or changing the turnouts? Sorry if I missed that bit! (Probably through thinking about Julia!)

Jeff

Hi Jeff, I will keep the Insulfrog for now as Diesels have no real problem with them as a norm.

• Like 1

Hello Bodge, Thanks for bringing 'SL' up with you today for me to have a good look, and l must say its really nice and compact be even better when you add your touches...

George 

• RMweb Gold

Ooh, that's a nice looking layout!

Looking forward to seeing where you go with this, Andy, looks like you've been given a great start!

Nice one mate,

Al.

Andy, I said somewhere before about how lucky you were to have such a group of friends, but I realise now that it is a reciprocal situation - not many people would shelve the obvious excitement of the new layout in order to go off to help a friend as you did with George! Once again underlines the camaraderie of RMweb!! Your appearance in the portal this morning with a post on Jason's Bacup thread has led me to another incredible site - what a superb modeller he is! I shall now have to spend time working back through the many posts! Don't be surprised to see some multiple ratings appear HaHaHa (as someone would say!)

Enjoy whatever you get up to today and be assured, a lot of us are waiting in anticipation of the progress report on the 'bungalow front'. BTW, I've got a feeling Swad Lane is going to be a gem, and this from a steam fan!!

Kind regards,

Jock67B.

Edited by Jock67B
  • Like 1

Afternoon Jock, just logged on for a quick look before lunch is served in the Main Dining Room and I had 53 Likes, not all from you I hasten to add but thanks for the Likes on Bacup, I'm glad you found it and enjoyed it. It truly is an amazing Layout for detail and atmosphere and a real joy to PLAY WITH  sorry operate.

Ooh, that's a nice looking layout!

Looking forward to seeing where you go with this, Andy, looks like you've been given a great start!

Nice one mate,

Al.

Cheers Al, hope your well and getting on with Bakewell.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I  see Mike has the same impression as me. The detail is all very nicely done but it is too clean surley there needs to be a bit more clutter about and some DIRT. At the moment it looks like one of those nice BAchman  or Hornby jobs that need a bit of weathering to bring them to life. Usually on a workshop floor there is a horrible stain from some job that just wont clean up.An old pallet stacked against the wall etc. I leave the details to you.

Don

• Like 2

I  see Mike has the same impression as me. The detail is all very nicely done but it is too clean surley there needs to be a bit more clutter about and some DIRT. At the moment it looks like one of those nice BAchman  or Hornby jobs that need a bit of weathering to bring them to life. Usually on a workshop floor there is a horrible stain from some job that just wont clean up.An old pallet stacked against the wall etc. I leave the details to you.

Don

Afternoon Don, you and Mike are absolutely right, and these are the sort of things I'll be doing once its up and running, the wiring is the first priority and the change the point motors or fit a DCC accessory modual.

QUESTION. Can you wire a DCC accessory modual to Peco point motors?

• RMweb Gold

QUESTION. Can you wire a DCC accessory modual to Peco point motors?

Yes!

I use a Lenz Ls 150s with Peco point motors though for the next bit of my layout I have some Cobalt DCC ready motors. If buying Peco motors from new I'd use the low power ones but the LS150 works with the older ones.

Edit

This thread discusses most of the options

Edited by Tony_S