On Shenston Road. Some recent photos.

Swindon 123

• RMweb Premium

A very nice touch i noticed is the scrap piece of rail on the sleeper ends along side the class 22. You've perfectly accented the different rust colour where its been sat in the chairs!

Never seen that modelled before with regards to the colouring, most impressive.

Sometimes its the little things that make a big difference to realism.

One tip I picked up years ago, have you tried an HB pencil on buffer heads to replicate grease??

• Like 1

This is just amazing quality. I’m sure many of us, definitely me aspire to having something like this, but whether we ever get there in detail or weathering, layout or locos is another matter! Enjoyed reading through these posts hope to see more, especially the steelworks side as that is a key interest area for me!

Thank you Paul for posting the latest set of pics and a short write up on my  foray into some military modelling products I have been getting to grips with.After a trip to Telford international plastic model kit exhibition last November with an accomplished military modeller,I was blown away with the standard of models exhibited in three big halls.Always keen to improve on techniques, there are some  fantastic  products and also some good videos on You Tube which often slip under the radar of which can be adapted for us rail modellers.I am now tweaking some of my earlier weathering attempts and hopefully improving on what I had already achieved.

Thanks for the nice comments and thank you Gary H for the tip on replicating buffer grease.We can all inspire each other.

cheers Greg   

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

[attachment=1015094:2110.JPG  

Hi guys I have finally got a device that can post my own pics, even if it is attached to a phone.I have been very busy working on the exchange sidings on Shenston so if this post is successful I will post some more. 

Great "D1047"

We are dribbling with anticipation.  Well I am anyway. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's a few more pics on the latest emgauge70s update, including this one I managed to snap at Shenston Road recently.

post-378-0-90591200-1533079143_thumb.jpg

D1068 Western Reliance is routed into the Up Goods Loop near BSC Shenston Works, with a rake of 21 ton mineral wagons. The locomotive was easily identified by a crudely applied patch on this end of the cab.

• Like 19

• 2 months later...

Nice pics there Swindon123..... but I'm not surprised that the driver of D6328 is gesticulating - that wiper has been missing for a good few months. I blame the maintenance bloke who's supposed to be keeping the fleet in good order, despite the fact he's been sacked for negligence on several occasions!!  On the other hand, he does have a good side, and worth knowing if you're after a few bits and pieces (nudge nudge wink wink, if you know what I mean) and always up for a dodgy deal. Let's hope the next stocktake in the stores doesn't reveal any anomalies. :no: 

Edited to make the text bigger - we don't all have access to +6 spec's.

Edited by Wibble
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...