On Shenston Road. Some recent photos.

Swindon 123

• RMweb Gold
On 13/11/2018 at 11:11, RBAGE said:

Sorry mate, that 04 is in a shocking state. Looks knackered.

Yup .... time it followed Bescot's D2220 on a trip to Cashmores perhaps?

Phil

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 13/11/2018 at 12:11, RBAGE said:

Sorry mate, that 04 is in a shocking state. Looks knackered.

8 hours ago, Phil Bullock said:

Yup .... time it followed Bescot's D2220 on a trip to Cashmores perhaps?

Phil

That actually looks to be in pretty good nick compared to many that I saw back in the day!

Mike.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Sorry forgot to add heading.

Not many of these seen in the Midlands but to good a model to miss out on.I have added a couple of mods eg exhaust ,new headcode numerals loco numbers and added crew but a great model well done Kernow.

• Craftsmanship/clever 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I've gone through this thread from start to finish over the last couple of days. This has to be one of the most jaw dropping layouts I've ever seen, and with blue locos everywhere!

Reminds me of my childhood. :)

Speaking of, any HSTs, or is that too modern for the modelled timeframe?

• RMweb Gold
On 08/08/2019 at 12:57, D1047 said:

Another pic of D7093 the final hymeks in my revamp project,on the stabling point. Taken with my camera phone it allows for a low down more realistic pic , it also can be very unforgiving showing up any discrepancy as you can get a very close up shot .l have forgotten to paint out the D as per the prototype so this will be addressed. The buffers have came up, well simply treated with a soft leaded pencil after being painted the appropriate colours,a tip l was given  by an RMWEB member.

Happy modelling Greg

IMG_20190807_140717210.jpg.332b489c64f995707c5d8df563421d5b.jpg

Fantastic pictures of cracking locos! Whilst upgrading did you have any thoughts on the extra door grab handle that most acquired later in life ?Currently wresting with them on ours....

• Like 2

On 03/01/2020 at 06:33, DanielB said:

I've gone through this thread from start to finish over the last couple of days. This has to be one of the most jaw dropping layouts I've ever seen, and with blue locos everywhere!

Reminds me of my childhood. :)

Speaking of, any HSTs, or is that too modern for the modelled timeframe?

Hi Daniel thanks for the nice comments .I do have a more modern tops fleet , mainly locos and stock l have worked on throughout my footplate career but unfortunately no HST set as they are not my interest. The pre tops period was a big part of my childhood and is of a time l have tried to create.

Cheers Greg

• Like 6
  • Round of applause 1

• 1 year later...

Only just come across this thread via kier Hardy’s latest YouTube release. What great modelling and such inspiration. I will enjoy a decent in-depth read this evening. If I get to involved now I won’t get up in the attic. I’m always amazed at the fantastic layouts that I seem to keep discovering. Beautiful work.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...