Moose Creek .......a world from Abercynon Fach

BRIAN T

As an alternative to Abercynon Fach , my South Wales Valleys Loco shed Micro, I wanted to build yet another small/ micro layout to show my growing Canadian fleet ,

Hopefully showing both in the modelling circuit in the future .(Abercynon having alreay been exposed )

After seeing "Barry Tens' seasonal BR modular layout featuring snow , that was it i wanted to have a go at the white stuff, not for the faint hearted I have come to find out .

Never the less it is as ready for the Pontypridd MRC LLantwit Fardre on Saturday as its going to be .(any future advice will be very welcome) .

It is 42 inches by 17 inches wide with a fiddle yard approximately the same size  as i wanted to show locos arriving/leaving simultaneously ,

It depicts a totally ficticious loco facility and pusher station set off the main line in a high sided Valley creek with the most basic facilities and small bunk house.

It will mainly be diesel from al generations and appropriate (sometimes not) to the area which is The British Columbia side of The Rockies.

I only have 4 steam locos at the moment which make an appearance .

The layout is DCC and sound .

I will probably post on the USA and Canadian topic in the the future ,but athe present thought I would start it off here.

This is a brief ..brief ,,please respond with any queries,help,feedback etc ....and my thanks to Railpictures.net for the extra inspiration

thanks

post-7300-0-55804000-1399576441_thumb.jpgpost-7300-0-95520300-1399576588_thumb.jpgpost-7300-0-18727900-1399576611_thumb.jpgpost-7300-0-14459000-1399576622_thumb.jpgpost-7300-0-32172600-1399576748_thumb.jpgpost-7300-0-27075600-1399576772_thumb.jpg

Some very effective snow you have there.....certainly (to a non Canadian) conveys the feeling of a cold day in Canada.....those deer by the lineside also look rather effective. I have only one thing to say...............Jolly Good Show.  Please show some more,

GJ

Nothing like the south wales valleys indeed
we don't have bears running about the place
.... mind you, I've seen a few cougars ;)

Cracking layout again Brian
and though Canadian Railways are not my own special interest
this layout inspires me to get interested in them - oh no, what have you started? 

Your other layouts "Ranson Bridge" and "Abercynnon Fach" are both superb layouts
but this somehow has a little more of that "something special" - it's quite different, IMHO

Seeing it perform really well, and really look the part at the show last week was great

A cracking layout again Brian
At this rate, you'll have a new layout half built by the next time I see you 

Cheers again
Marc

• 3 months later...

After some intense photgraphy in Yesterdays lovely light in the garden ,i have been uploading some new Photos of Moose Creek and Abercynon Fach .

Hope they please.

post-7300-0-81227600-1410257902_thumb.jpg

post-7300-0-68040200-1410257946_thumb.jpg

post-7300-0-76915500-1410257973_thumb.jpg

post-7300-0-13220000-1410258010_thumb.jpg

Must stop down on my camera for Snow at the next session.

post-7300-0-10201400-1410258191_thumb.jpg

Always carry your pepper spray.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Brian,

Both the wife and I shivered looking at the pics; they're brilliant.  The ice forming on one of the buildings is completely convincing.  Liked the little touches too, such as the grizzlies and the guy up-ended in the snow - hilarious.  Looking forward to what you come up with next.

Regards,

Alex.

Hi Brian,

Both the wife and I shivered looking at the pics; they're brilliant.  The ice forming on one of the buildings is completely convincing.  Liked the little touches too, such as the grizzlies and the guy up-ended in the snow - hilarious.  Looking forward to what you come up with next.

Regards,

Alex.

Thanks Alex

The snow around the grizzlies may end up tinted red, it's also my first attempt at snow (I used 3 different makes) so glad it convinced you

The layout will be appearing at the Cardiff show in October

Regards

Brian

• 2 years later...

Hi Brian,

Hope all is well?

I've just searched this out after reading back through the line up for the show. I'm very impressed I must say and I'll look forward to seeing it ( if I get chance to look round).

After watching a US modellers you tube chanell about weathering locos and freight cars, I've been building a slight interest in GMs/EMDs and I 'think' I can ID some locos from your photos. Am I right in saying that 5255 and 9647 are an SD40-2 and GP38/40 pairing?

All the best.

Wayne

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Brian,

Hope all is well?

I've just searched this out after reading back through the line up for the show. I'm very impressed I must say and I'll look forward to seeing it ( if I get chance to look round).

After watching a US modellers you tube chanell about weathering locos and freight cars, I've been building a slight interest in GMs/EMDs and I 'think' I can ID some locos from your photos. Am I right in saying that 5255 and 9647 are an SD40-2 and GP38/40 pairing?

All the best.

Wayne

Sorry for late reply ...Wayne.

Well done the only thing is a w ,that is sd40-2w and gp40 w,meaning wide cab ,very much used by Canadian Railways

See you at the show

Regards and happy new year

Brian

Archived