Sound for Roco 63590 DB185 locomotive

I am dabbling in European HO, having purchased a couple sound equipped locomotives. I just bought the loco in the title and have put a Digitrax decoder. I'd like to put a sound decoder in it. Could someone advise which ESU sound decoder to use and possibly a British or European vendor. US vendors carry ESU but I haven't found one who offers them with European sounds.

By the way I found the locomotives at this online store - djunction.com

They have a lot of new " old" stock in HO OO & N at pretty good prices. There's a lot of European and British stuff.

I'm not sure what the shipping would be to the UK.

Dave

The ESU decoder that you need depends on the interface in your loco.  If it is NEM852 8-pin then the catalogue number is 54483.  Any competent ESU dealer will have a Lok-Programmer, with which he can download the BR185 sound from the ESU website and install it in your decoder, so there should be no difficulty buying it in the USA.

If you do want to buy from Europe, I suggest that you consider Modellbahn Lippe.  I have always found them very efficient and they offer the 185 decoder for €107.92, which is a reasonable price.  You will need to check postage costs. 

• 5 months later...

By the way I found the locomotives at this online store - djunction.com

They have a lot of new " old" stock in HO OO & N at pretty good prices. There's a lot of European and British stuff.

I'm not sure what the shipping would be to the UK.

Dave

Sadly the store burnt down on May 26, 2014.  I had been looking at buying some of the OO stuff but unfortunately never got a chance.

Archived