Modellers from Kent, Sussex, Surrey and South of the Thames

SECAG meet? - Worthing Ex September 27-28th(Go to post 5)

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all

Can I make a suggestion, from just over the fence, for the diesel/Class 50 fans of a possible meet on the next Lion running day scheduled for Sunday June 8th. 50027 will make two round trips of the entire line starting from Alresford at 12.10, with the second trip back at Alresford for 3.45pm ish. A day rover costs £16.00 which can obviously be used on the steamy things too.

Link to timetable:

http://www.watercressline.co.uk/shopimages/products/extras/50027%20timetable%202014.pdf

cheers

Not quite sure about that weekend as it's a family members birthday but if nothing is happening that requires my/our presence we may well be along.  Unfortunately the only pleasure with a hoover my wife gets is with a Dyson so it's about time I introduced her to the delights of some 50 thrash.

In case anyone needs persuading...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXD4Wq6LQT8

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Rather than start another separate thread for a meet I have edited an out of date one I started previously.

Can I suggest a meet or meetings at the Worthing Show over the weekend of September 27th and 28th, with perhaps the 'Loftus Road' layout as a convenient meeting point? If there is any interest we can set a time as we go along but I thought I'd just get the idea out there for those that were intending to visit anyway.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Did we come to a conclusion as to where and when...?

As I wasn't exactly overwhelmed with responses I kinda left it! However, I will be there on Sunday hopefully by opening at 10am, so shall we say I'll be at 'Loftus Road' at 11am for anyone that's around?

DC or DCC, Nth?

Good question!

We have DC control most of the time but one of our S7 members has a DCC fleet so he will bring his NCE. I do t mind bringing my MultiMaus but I've not even taken out if the box after about a 18 months of owning it!

I'm sure we can accommodate all eventualities between us.

Looks like Saturday may be a 'goer' for me, and my sound fitted Heljan 33 would be more than happy for a romp round the test track, as would possibly my little industrial shunter that really does need a good run round although it is rather slow.

I can also bring DCC equipment with me if there are two wires dangling I can connect the test track to.

Where is the Worthing show located and is it easy to find, I'm at work currently and I can't access the website for the show. I'm working Nights this weekend but would like to meet up with my fellow RMWebbers.

Simon

Where is the Worthing show located and is it easy to find, I'm at work currently and I can't access the website for the show. I'm working Nights this weekend but would like to meet up with my fellow RMWebbers.

Simon

According to the website, "The venue for 2014 will be Durrington High School, The Boulevard, Worthing, West Sussex, BN13 1LA. The dates are Saturday 27th September 2014 and Sunday 28th September 2014

OPENING TIMES:  SAT 10am - 5pm, SUN 10am-4pm

ADMISSION:  Adults £5.00   "

Archived