The SWAG Mid-Summer Curry Night

• RMweb Gold

Greetings - I have now arranged the next curry evening in The Noble Realm, which will be at The Mogul's Palace, Buckfastleigh (next to A38 junction for Buckfastleigh) on Friday 27th June next, starting at 7pm. I have reserved a table, and would ask that everyone who would like to come (whether from within the SWAG area or outside of it - all are welcome) to send me a PM or confirm on this thread, so that I can ensure we have a big enough table!

Those who have been to The Mogul's Palace before will remember the excellent service and food, and the good time we normally have there.

Their website can be found here - http://www.themogulspalace.com/

Nice thought matey, if you can divert the lines from me to Ashburton make it a rail motor I'd seriously be up for it !

Mind you if it's as good an eatery as you say there could be some interesting "fumes" emanating on the journey home !!!

Thank you for the invite can't be there but hope all goes to plan.

Grahame

Tim - Count me in! I'll need my passport to cross the Tamar, and I'll dodge the top-crimps hurled by dem Debbon troglodytes along the way, but I know it'll be worth it for the food and good company. See you at The Mogul's Palace, Buckfastleigh on Friday 27th June at 7pm. Whoohoo!

Oh if only you were a bit closer....
Next time, could we arrange one halfway?
Have you got a boat? ;)

I'm sure it will be a fabulous evening, spent in excellent company
Wish I could be there......

Wait a minute, did someone say the drinks are on Andy Y???
..... maybe I can get there after all ;)

Marc

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I'll see what I can do, it's a long shot but SWMBO is always saying I should get out more.....

The Mogul's Palace is a well-known centre of learning and self-improvement in the district, surely she can see that?...

• RMweb Premium

For me it's a 25,000 mile round trip.  A long way for even a very good curry.  In a previous lifetime I regularly ran the gauntlet of the east Devon back-roads between Beer and Honiton on the "curry run" as that was our nearest such establishment of any quality.  But I'll have to pass on this one I'm afraid.

On the other hand if there's any interest in a re-run I'm around SWAGonia during September with numerous free evenings ........

• RMweb Gold

On the other hand if there's any interest in a re-run I'm around SWAGonia during September with numerous free evenings ........

Yes indeed - send me a PM with some dates, please Rick, and we'll see what support for a re-run we can drum up (loads, I would imagine!)  ;)

• RMweb Gold

Yes indeed - send me a PM with some dates, please Rick, and we'll see what support for a re-run we can drum up (loads, I would imagine!)  ;)

Oh, yes please, seem to have missed out on RMweb events this year, but a September date might be more feasible for me too! :)

• RMweb Gold

Those who have been to The Mogul's Palace before will remember the excellent service and food, and the good time we normally have there.

Having been a guest there in the company of three senior SWAGonians earlier last year, I have to endorse CK's view. Splendid food and, on my visit, superb conviviality!

• RMweb Gold

Gents, short notice I know,but not going to make it.........

Apparently I am required for a surprise leaving do!!!!!!

Mine apparently!!!!

Neil

Really sorry you can't make it tomorrow night, Neil. Have a great time, though, at your 'surprise' do!

• RMweb Gold

A good time was had by all from SWAG/DRAG.

As always, much too much excellent food was served. No wonder the nation is getting fatter. I only managed to eat a quarter of what was presented! 

As bad a bunch of reprobates as you'd ever wish to see!

post-6728-0-12601500-1403939333_thumb.jpg

I needn't say who this is........ Alex 'Wiggoforgold' looking on in embarrassment!

post-6728-0-79328600-1403939357_thumb.jpg

Archived