Jonas' 00 project

jonas

post-7595-0-10976200-1400177291_thumb.jpg

A hired in Sentinel shuffles vans in a quiet corner of Herefordshire. The BR exchange sidings are under the bridge this photo was taken from, and the shunter required to shuffle cuts of wagons from to and from the limited hardstanding. What is contained in the wagons is unconfirmed - top secret government stores perhaps, or cider from Bulmers to satisfy the locals' unquenchable thirst?

Either way, it's likely Heljan's 'Cider Queen' will make an appearance when it's released!

post-7595-0-62727000-1400596790_thumb.jpg

Here's the first bits of stock completed. The Sentinel has been de-badged from an NCB example to represent a hired in private loco - hard working and unspectacular. The VAA is one of 5 examples of VAA/VEA in Railfreight livery, both red/grey and later dark grey/yellow liveries in use to transport mysterious government stores around the layout.

Weathered with oil paints and powders, I'm aiming to keep a consistent standard across the fleet. Loving playing with the 3 links - my biggest frustration in N gauge has been couplings.

Next task on the layout is finish DAS claying the track then I can start painting and detailing the ground works. I'm going to need a lot of trees too...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The project continues, albeit a little slowly. Hampered by the lack of a permanent home, it pops up in the living room when time allows! I have done some scenic work to the hard standing and also the first but of earthworks at the buffer stop end. Other additions include the obligatory portakabin and some pallets and cones. When it is set up I usually get a bit of shunting done.

post-7595-0-41787600-1408107170.jpg

An unusually high number of vans are present at the end of the stub today. The brakevan is required due to the lack of runaround on the branch and to allow the guard to operate any unmanned level crossings, as well as basic transport for any additionally security required to ride along...

Archived